Huesheng 53cc 50 mph target

He prolly spent all the scooter racing money on maxi-scooters disguised as motorized bicycles that want to be motorcycles.
(insert circus music here)

You say people have a right to build what they want, and also people have the right to opine on it. People have been promoting their ideas since the beginning of conversation. I think the problem with a lot of people these days is inability to deal with differing opinions, whining and automatically calling someone a "hater" if they see things differently.

You're wrong about people having a right to ride what they want tho - that technically only applies on their own property. Anyway, when a person getting into this for what it is - low-speed alternative transportation - sees someone getting into this to build what is basically a flimsy maxi scooter and starts bragging about speed on the forum, it's going to rub some feelings raw. Things will be said and they may or may not offend sensibilities of those who are used to having their feelings mollycoddled.
Who decided that motorized bicycles were only for low-speed alternative transportation? Not everyone with an MB made it to do corner store runs with a suspended license.

That's part of the problem, assuming what someone is doing is wrong because it doesn't fit your idea of what they are made for. I don't need alternative transportation, I build these for fun. Just like I build "overkill" motorcycles, computers, and cars for fun. I would never tell someone their build is fundamentally wrong because they decided to make a build to do something I don't do with mine. If you wanna make a dirt bike, hill climber, race bike, or drag bike with your chinagirl so be it. Hell, put one on a boat for all I care, I just like to see cool stuff being done and thinking outside the box. Someone wanting a 212 on a bike to go racing shouldn't keep you up at night just because its not a 30mph cruiser with saddlebags.

Neil is doing a hell of a lot more for the hobby by hosting these racing events that push the envelope than the people who just criticize everyones builds who doesn't fit their view of what a motorized bike SHOULD be.

Don’t you ever get tired of plugging your race in every post?
Tell me again why I can spend $5000++ on one bike but you can’t spend that on a timing system....
Yes I get get tired so I take a nap, then I am back at it in no time.
Only 9 days to our Race.

My reply about that turbo 212 racing was relevant.

Costs way more than $5000 for a timing system and every racer would have to spend $300 on a transponder which
most of them are not willing to do.
Also there are yearly subscription fees on the Mylaps timing system.

Yes I get get tired so I take a nap, then I am back at it in no time.
Only 9 days to our Race.

My reply about that turbo 212 racing was relevant.

Costs way more than $5000 for a timing system and every racer would have to spend $300 on a transponder which
most of them are not willing to do.
Also there are yearly subscription fees on the Mylaps timing system.
Excuses! If there’s a will there’s a way.

“Pushing the envelope” maybe but without timing it’s not quantifiable. The only information you can get is whose bike is fastest.

Coulda taken out a small loan to make it happen. Woulda already paid for itself if ya did it when we first discussed it a few yrs ago in some topic. Coulda done a lot with it. But whatever. If I wanted to race I woulda gotten into karting. It’s expensive but you do get the value, and everybody else has the same into it as you.

Who decided that motorized bicycles were only for low-speed alternative transportation? Not everyone with an MB made it to do corner store runs with a suspended license.

YOU decided it when you threw your leg over the frame of a bicycle or built a scooter! :rolleyes:

That's part of the problem, assuming what someone is doing is wrong because it doesn't fit your idea of what they are made for.

I think the problem is having the greed for speed on low-speed transportation, which has led elementary-minded nitwits to brag about their speed when, in reality, they are just in denial that they are on low-speed transportation like the rest of us dorks.

Someone wanting a 212 on a bike to go racing shouldn't keep you up at night just because its not a 30mph cruiser with saddlebags.

It doesn't keep me up at night, but I'm quite vocal about what I think is crossing the line between motorized bicycle and scooter/motorcycle. Call it pissing against the wind at people pissing against the wind. You want to be Mr "Fast" Maxi-Scooter, you go right ahead. I'll make fun of you for putting pedals on something that can't really use them, and you can make fun of me for having to pedal.

Neil is doing a hell of a lot more for the hobby by hosting these racing events that push the envelope than the people who just criticize everyones builds who doesn't fit their view of what a motorized bike SHOULD be.

Only thing he's doing is steadily getting away from what made it great in the beginning, IMO. It's not really motorized bicycle racing anymore, it's mostly a scooter racing association. Have fun "racing", scooterboys!

These are age old debate's and personal opinion's that vari with the individual,never going to change that! Motorsports of any type from their inception could be done by anyone really and then give it some time and there will always be someone whom is willing to do whatever it takes to get the win,and more often than not whatever it takes is cash witch eventualy drives the budgeted racers out and that suck's for all.So what we all can agree on is that from hobbiest to racer we all share an intrest in these bikes no matter how they may differ there is still lots of useful info to be shared amongst us!

I feel perfectly fine with whatever anyone want's to build. If I don't like it I don't have to ride it. When I build for myself it's what I like and I personally don't give a rats ass if anyone else likes it, or don't like it. If you want like most here to help folks with experienced info and advice that's cool. If you want to scrutinize others builds and talk s**t about everyone else being wrong if they don't think like you I guess that's cool to. Be careful on your soap boxes, and Happy Riding to all.

YOU decided it when you threw your leg over the frame of a bicycle or built a scooter! :rolleyes:
I did no such thing.

I think the problem is having the greed for speed on low-speed transportation, which has led elementary-minded nitwits to brag about their speed when, in reality, they are just in denial that they are on low-speed transportation like the rest of us dorks.

It doesn't keep me up at night, but I'm quite vocal about what I think is crossing the line between motorized bicycle and scooter/motorcycle. Call it pissing against the wind at people pissing against the wind. You want to be Mr "Fast" Maxi-Scooter, you go right ahead. I'll make fun of you for putting pedals on something that can't really use them, and you can make fun of me for having to pedal.

Some people just like to tinker and make stuff faster. Every vehicle I have ever had, 2 wheels or 4, I have increased its performance. I don't brag about my motorized bicycled being fast - I have other vehicles for that - but with how quick you are to criticize anyone trying to push the envelope I am starting to think that you seem very self conscious about yours being slow. I do it since its fun for me and I like competing in all sorts of motorsports. If I broke both my legs tomorrow and had to use a wheel chair, you better believe I'm gonna try to make it the fastest damn wheelchair in the US. It's fun for me.

If you don't like it, then you don't have to do one single performance mod to your bikes. The great thing about hobbies is that everyone can build what they want to their own tastes. The problems only arise when you try to make everyone else match your opinions. I don't care at all for lowrider bikes and would never own one, but I can still appreciate a nicely built one and congratulate and respect the builder.

Only thing he's doing is steadily getting away from what made it great in the beginning, IMO. It's not really motorized bicycle racing anymore, it's mostly a scooter racing association. Have fun "racing", scooterboys!
Again, who made you in charge of the Board of Vehicle Classification :ROFLMAO:. Why are they scooters now? They are bicycle frames, with functional pedals, so they are bicycles. No matter how much you complain about it or argue otherwise, it doesn't change that fact.

I'm quite vocal about what I think is crossing the line between motorized bicycle and scooter/motorcycle.

Only thing he's doing is steadily getting away from what made it great in the beginning, IMO.
It's not really motorized bicycle racing anymore, it's mostly a scooter racing association. Have fun "racing", scooterboys!
Oh no, scooter racing is dead.
Long Live Motorized Bicycle Racing

I think HF212 or higher just shouldn't be on a bicycle frame - period. That's my opinion stemming from dozens of thousands of miles traveling on bicycles since the 1980s.
According to Cali state law, 150CC and higher is a motorcycle - period.
50cc is a Motorcycle you moron!

The Only difference between CVC 405 and CVC 400 is that CVC 405 is not allowed on the freeway.
"motor-driven cycles and "motorcycle" have exactly the same requirements.

CVC 405: A "motor-driven cycle
" is any motorcycle with a (gas) motor that displaces less than 150 cubic centimeters.
A motor-driven cycle does not include a motorized bicycle, as defined in Section 406.

400 (a) CVC A "motorcycle"
is any motor vehicle having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider, designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground, and weighing less than 1,500 pounds....

CVC 406 (a) A "motorized bicycle" or "moped" is any two-wheeled or three-wheeled device having fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power, or having no pedals if powered solely by electrical energy, and an automatic transmission and a motor which produces less than 4 gross brake horsepower and is capable of propelling the device at a maximum speed of not more than 30 miles per hour on level ground.

AND a SCOOTER is a Go-Ped

CVC 407.5. (a) A "motorized scooter"
is any two-wheeled device that has handlebars, is designed to be stood or sat upon by the operator, and is powered by an electric motor that is capable of propelling the device with or without human propulsion...

(b) A device meeting the definition in subdivision (a) that is powered by a source other than electrical power (s.a. gasoline motor) is also a motorized scooter.

with how quick you are to criticize anyone trying to push the envelope I am starting to think that you seem very self conscious about yours being slow. I do it since its fun for me and I like competing in all sorts of motorsports. If I broke both my legs tomorrow and had to use a wheel chair, you better believe I'm gonna try to make it the fastest damn wheelchair in the US. It's fun for me.

You're reading too much into my opinion, and I find it amusing for you or anyone to think I have a problem with being slow. I'm the kind of guy who would buy a $99 79 over a $99 212, because I'm not greedy. When guys like you speed-shame, I speed-shame in the opposite direction. If you have a problem with that, I suggest you pedal more and get over it.

If you don't like it, then you don't have to do one single performance mod to your bikes. The great thing about hobbies is that everyone can build what they want to their own tastes. The problems only arise when you try to make everyone else match your opinions. I don't care at all for lowrider bikes and would never own one, but I can still appreciate a nicely built one and congratulate and respect the builder.

With how quick you are to defend your greedy speed needs, I think it's you who is self-conscious about taking the easiest way to get your fix on. You're obviously an addict! But I greatly respect the work guys like you have done with the chinagirls, it's just my opinion that MaBing has a line and it gets crossed with certain engines.

Again, who made you in charge of the Board of Vehicle Classification :ROFLMAO:. Why are they scooters now? They are bicycle frames, with functional pedals, so they are bicycles. No matter how much you complain about it or argue otherwise, it doesn't change that fact.

In California, 150CC and above is a motorcycle-class motor vehicle. If you exceed that displacement, and you have a single-speed, guess what you have. A scooter, a maxi-scooter, actually. So no matter how badass you make your maxi-scooter look, if you put pedals on it, you're basically disguising your maxi-scooter as a bicycle pretending to be a motorcycle. See the dichotomy you guys put yourselves in?

150cc is a Motorcycle, I'm a moron!

This your whole post corrected. It's funny after all these years, you just don't get it.

Back