Huesheng 53cc 50 mph target

I don't know whether or not the Huaseng engine can go 50mph on a bicycle, I'm going by hearsay. If I remember correctly, years ago I think the owner of Staton-Inc said that he did 50mph on a bicycle with a honda gxh 50cc with his 18.75 : 1 gearbox with shift kit, and the president of EZ Motorbike also said that he went 50 mph with a huaseng 50cc engine on a bicycle with carburetor and exhaust tuning. They are respectable and honest people both.

why won't it do 50? certainly stock it can't. but it has 7000+rpm capability. I saw a vid the guy smoked his at 8000 going maybe 40 so there's that limit. but it was stock.
the only possible reason you guys think it can't be done is either you would hate to be proved wrong (lol) or something like the rod bearings top or bottom can't handle the rpm. but that can be solved too after testing your tune and upgrades.
if it can go 45mph with upgrades (known factor), there are tricks for more rpm you haven't thought about.
~former hot rodder now tinkering with small engines

Last edited:
I
why won't it do 50? certainly stock it can't. but it has 7000+rpm capability. I saw a vid the guy smoked his at 8000 going maybe 40 so there's that limit. but it was stock.
the only possible reason you guys think it can't be done is either you would hate to be proved wrong (lol) or something like the rod bearings top or bottom can't handle the rpm. but that can be solved too after testing your tune and upgrades.
if it can go 45mph with upgrades (known factor), there are tricks for more rpm you haven't thought about.
~former hot rodder now tinkering with small engines
I mean those engines have the capability, you need to port and polish really well, possibly increase the valve size (a machine shop can do that, going to cost a lot though)
Make (or get) a higher lift cam (increasing the duration might not hurt) for it (might need to clearance the block and possiblely the crank shaft)
a larger carb (mikuni vm18, or 24 if you want to go big, also might be possible to put on a gx200 carb, I'm not 100% sure though )
Increase compression (get a sight taller pistion or figure out a way to shave the head)
Play with timing
And done, you spend a lot of money to go fast!

Last edited:
I

I mean those engines have the capability, you need to port and polish really well, possibly increase the valve size (a machine shop can do that, going to cost a lot though)
Make (or get) a higher lift cam (increasing the duration might not hurt) for it (might need to clearance the block and possiblely the crank shaft)
a larger carb (mikuni vm18, or 24 if you want to go big, also might be possible to put on a gx200 carb, I'm not 100% sure though )
Increase compression (get a sight taller pistion or figure out a way to shave the head)
Play with timing
And done, you spend a lot of money to go fast!
All that’s left is for somebody to actually build it... shift kit is a nice setup I guess, but it uses belt plus 3 chains, gotta be some power getting lost in there.

The regular stuff like longer intake, reducing losses in drivetrain, compression, porting, it all adds up. Focus on port velocity and make sure there are no port mismatches especially in the exhaust.

I don’t think it’s worth he effort. As I said 79cc but whatever. Build it!

Alright, back on topic.
I just got the sick bike parts air filter in the mail today with my new sprockets. Couldn't get the staton inc #35 chain parts, they need the name on the front of a credit/debit card. I bought a prepaid debit card, which had none. I know, its my bad not finding out how they expected payment before purchasing the card.
Well, I love to procrastinate, so time to make a panicked rush trying to work out the kinks tuning my carb before the race in 5 days lol. I'm probably gonna have to drill out my main jet and adjust the idle jet. Bye gas mileage, hi more power. Taking both the 30t chainrings off alerted my to the horrible state those screws were in holding them together on the freewheel, trip to the hardware store was required... Ordered just one chain to replace my 2 small chains and forgot I'll need a new one from the pedals to rear wheel because 18 more teeth... This kind of rush is fun, gets my adrenaline going, I guess. Last moment work is the funnest. Maybe I hate myself?
My new gearing is 20t-100t pulleys on the tc, 9t output to 17t jackshaft input, 9t output to 48t input chainring, 48t output to 18t on nexus 3 speed. Its 50.37:1 reduction at the pedals, think that might work just fine ;). Looks Like I can pedal up to 33 mph at 120 pedal rpm. It would take 2x 72t chainrings to be able to pedal up to 50 with my engine, but holy crap, would be hard to add any useful pedaling to help the engine at low speeds/crazy grade uphills etc, and omg I would die on a breakdown. My profile pic is how I feel when I break down and have to push.
We shall see how this works saturday. Doubt I hit 50 mph, so this thread needs to live and go somewhere useful.

Last edited:
oh I know it's gonna get warm and then it's ride ride ride time! getting excited haha.

I got everything assembled today and took it for a quick shakedown ride. I didn't take it far or get out of first gear, was too worn out for a long ride from wrestling tools in tight spaces. I can accelerate much faster now that I can pedal with the engine!!!! Also think that air filter did bump up my power some. Not sure if I need to re-jet because I was just at the edge of being to rich to even run, to keep the engine cooler. Might be just fine for the race.
Only downside I see, is there is absolutely 0 pedaling engine off, holy crap I feel like I'm riding a bike uphill in top gear (refer to profile pic, my bike weighs in at around 85 lbs). 1st gear is 50.82 gear inches, 2nd gear is even more useless unless on a hard downhill with 69.33 gear inches and 3rd would never be seen at 94.57 gear inches.
Just so you better understand how much harder it is to pedal engine off, before the gear changes I was at 31.76 gear inches for 1st, 43.33 gear inches for 2nd and 59.1 gear inches for 3rd. Also easier to understand how I can help my engine out better by being able to pedal with it to a much higher engine rpm.
I'm gonna do a couple more last minute purchases from my local bike shop: slicks, spare chain and spare brake pads. Then I'm taking it for a cruise and see if I can hit 50 mph on the flats with this new air filter, only got 3 mph more to go so it might have been the trick.

Back