Huesheng 53cc 50 mph target

INTP_ty

Local time
9:03 AM
Does AGK offer the cam for the 53cc? Valves or springs?

I believe AGK offers performance parts for the 49cc 142, not so sure about it’s older brother.

**Does anyone on here build 4 strokes??

Hit up thatsdax and see if they offer the sintered metal custom ground cam. You can add a washer to the valve spring to stiffen it some more, but will wear the plastic cam quicker. The biggest mod I've done to wake up the motor is putting an older flywheel/magneto combo to ungovern the engine.

If someone had a pallet of those 53cc motors they could make a good profit and no problem selling them.

I should look into valves. bigger valves from anything close can be turned down in a lathe to fit
-hunts down carbide cutter

Not too many people build the 4strokes besides the 212s, so parts availability would be very difficult.

You'll need a ton of RPMs so valvesprings(shim stockers if there is enough coil bind clearance, if not you will have to measure and find compatible ones with more seat pressure) and head porting would be my first mods along with a bigger carb and straight pipe exhaust to get the air in and out quicker. Not sure if that alone will get you there without a cam and I highly doubt anyone makes a cam for those motors.

If I had to guess, 45ish will likely be the limit if you can't get a cam for it. Would be a fun build though!

MVC-002L77-268x178.jpg

TITAN CAM GEAR Nylon
Teeth, hardened steel lobe.
Increased Lift 0.2mm and
Duration increase 0.17mm.
Only $12.99
This is on the thatsdax site, but there is no button to order it.

Heh, been wanting to laser-cut and assemble an all-metal cam for awhile. One of these days...

Also, been saying this for years, but what we really need in order to step up the power level on these is someone to machine up a con rod. Beyond that is to improve on the oiling system, which was once attempted by a racewinner known informally as Nashmoto, the fastest guy I know with a GXH50.

The original con rod isn't that great, and there is room to improve on both the durability of the piece and the compression of the engine here. I think a 1.5MM increase in distance between bore centers would put the engine close to 10:1, which in conjunction with the cam would really wake these engines up.

Nearly any performance part that works on the 49cc will work on the 53cc, all parts are the same except piston, cylinder and rings (unless you are lucky enough to own the 53cc with the genny). The problem is, nobody makes performance parts for it really. Call up arcracing and see if they will make a billet conrod, flywheel and cam. Maybe we can pool together to have 10-20 made at a cheaper cost each.
I met Nashmoto at the last race, pretty cool guy. We were the only 2 there with 4 strokes in the 50cc range. I wanna one day get a nuvinci hub like his, still out of my price range.
I can't hit 50 mph on flats yet, so I really want more discussion about this.

Last edited:
Back