Huffy Cranbrook chopper build

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey new here glad to be here ok next month when i get my money going to buy a cranbrook and a china girl engine then i will have to wait to get everything else to chopper it out can't wait to do my first build and ive been very thorough in my planning going to put on a different front rim so i can add a disk break to the front wheel and going to add a seat post gas tank eventually so i can have a reserve to get more distance pics of everything else im going to get doing it right bike and engine kit first then looks and breaks next and after that maybe performance parts have small engine experience already learned on a predator 212cc when i had a gokart pretty much change everything but the crankshaft lol.
and stuck between these two top end kits
http://shop.jakebike.com/Fire-Breather-Top-End-Power-kit-121.htm
http://shop.crmachine.com/product.sc?productId=66

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170419-122955.png
    Screenshot_20170419-122955.png
    208.3 KB · Views: 537
  • Screenshot_20170419-122945.png
    Screenshot_20170419-122945.png
    171 KB · Views: 304
  • Screenshot_20170419-122937.png
    Screenshot_20170419-122937.png
    206.5 KB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot_20170419-122829.png
    Screenshot_20170419-122829.png
    224.7 KB · Views: 318
  • Screenshot_20170419-122822.png
    Screenshot_20170419-122822.png
    387.2 KB · Views: 339
Good luck with your first build!!! I'd like to point out that that kit from that seller in particular is very good. Have used 2 of them so far, both excellent. Have also bought kits from different sellers that looked exactly the same but the parts were much worse. The only thing I had to replace on those kits from SELECTED-AUTOPARTS was the drive chain, so just keep that in mind. And I hope they still sell the same quality as they did at the end of 2016.

Good luck with your first build!!! I'd like to point out that that kit from that seller in particular is very good. Have used 2 of them so far, both excellent. Have also bought kits from different sellers that looked exactly the same but the parts were much worse. The only thing I had to replace on those kits from SELECTED-AUTOPARTS was the drive chain, so just keep that in mind. And I hope they still sell the same quality as they did at the end of 2016.
thanks im sure it will be a fun process can't wait to get started. and good to know went with them because they had free upgrades and good reviews along with a 6 month warranty and even if something breaks internally i have enough know how to to do a rebuild unless the block cracks which would be worse case doubt that will happen lol. and thanks for the info on the chain will replace it. this is the look i will be going for but slightly shorter handle bars and a different fork.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.154152630.JPG.jpg
    IMG_0062.154152630.JPG.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 365
Here's the eBay item# for the chain replacements I use 272131054858 . Haven't broken one yet. Also that seller has the same chain in various colors if you have a preference. If you plan on keeping your fenders on the bike you build you are gonna have to chop the rear one a little. I'd also suggest buying the hub sprocket adapter for your rear wheel. It will save you a lot of time and grief. If you decide to go with the sprocket assembly that comes with the kit, there's a 95% percent chance you're gonna spend most of your time during the whole bike install, just trying to get that damn sprocket straight and true. Post pics and keep us updated!!!

Here's the eBay item# for the chain replacements I use 272131054858 . Haven't broken one yet. Also that seller has the same chain in various colors if you have a preference. If you plan on keeping your fenders on the bike you build you are gonna have to chop the rear one a little. I'd also suggest buying the hub sprocket adapter for your rear wheel. It will save you a lot of time and grief. If you decide to go with the sprocket assembly that comes with the kit, there's a 95% percent chance you're gonna spend most of your time during the whole bike install, just trying to get that damn sprocket straight and true. Post pics and keep us updated!!!
thanks will replace the chain and the sprocket already did my research on the rag joint that comes with the kit going to get this hub http://www.ebay.com/itm/172501540468 the fenders are coming off read stories of them coming off. will be ordering the bike and motor in 10 to 11 days.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
thanks will replace the chain and the sprocket already did my research on the rag joint that comes with the kit going to get this hub http://www.ebay.com/itm/172501540468 the fenders are coming off read stories of them coming off. will be ordering the bike and motor in 10 to 11 days.
Man I wish I had found that adapter sooner! I could've used that and saved money by using my own sprocket! Let me know how that adapter works out. I guess just make sure it fits the hub you'll be using before buying it.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
ok first two item's have come in got my high quality chain from mz parts miami and a 9 hole sproket adapter to replace the rag joint and my cranbrook is coming via fedex tomorrow so just waiting on the engine kit to come on the 9th.

Attachments

• 20170505_172604.jpg
    20170505_172604.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 321
ok first two item's have come in got my high quality chain from mz parts miami and a 9 hole sproket adapter to replace the rag joint and my cranbrook is coming via fedex tomorrow so just waiting on the engine kit to come on the 9th.
Nice chain. That adapter is not the one pictured in your earlier post though. The picture you posted from the eBay one has 3 bolts holding the sprocket. The one you have there has 9 holes. Is that what you were going for?

Nice chain. That adapter is not the one pictured in your earlier post though. The picture you posted from the eBay one has 3 bolts holding the sprocket. The one you have there has 9 holes. Is that what you were going for?
yeah i decided to get that one instead cheaper and will be way better than the stock engine kit one and can get plenty of sprockets in the nine hole variety already made sure before i pulled the trigger on it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262663310208

yeah i decided to get that one instead cheaper and will be way better than the stock engine kit one and can get plenty of sprockets in the nine hole variety already made sure before i pulled the trigger on it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262663310208
Ok we'll I hope it works for you. That adapter in theory, seems like it would be a great idea. But once you you apply it physically, you realize the flaws of it.i tried it but it just would not work for me. Reason being is that it has no adjustment to move the sprocket left or right. Which is needed for the motor chain to clear the tire. Also the three piece split was troublesome to center on the hub aswell. I have that adapter just collecting dust in my garage:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back