Huffy Cruiser Bikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly1

Local time
9:22 AM
I see many Huffy Cruiser bike being used for motor bikes. What is your thoughts?

My very first build was a Huffy, bronze colored. Very comfy bike but it had a coaster brake that exploded and I had to buy a new wheel. So, get a multi-speed.

Huffy has cheap parts. My next door neighbor found a Mongoose at Walmart for under $100

Well as for as the coaster brake I already have a set of v brakes that will fit the Huffy. The frame on the one I,m looking at
is steel so I would think it would be ok. Any of you that have a Huffy cruiser please give your thoughts.

I just built a huffy perfect fit frame one updating it as I go. So far it’s been good. What kind of a huffy are you looking at? Definitely ditch coaster brake. Take some photos as you build too. Any questions fill free to ask as you build .

Frames are decent, rear drop outs are a little weak, crankset stripped on 2 of them. Not bad bikes on a budget. You need to add at a minimum a front caliper brake. V brakes are better but require new forks.

Is the huffy a 2 stroke by default? I have to know first if it's a 2 stroke huffy or a 4 stroke huffy. Lets just say there's a reason no modern cars have 2 stroke engines. I have a Huffy nel lusso I'm putting a 4 stroke on. I like the built in rack. looks pretty nice with the 49cc on it. I'd start with a 4 stroke first then select a huffy. Is it a chinese bike? the answer is yes. A 49cc huasheng with 4G clutch is pretty good engine and transmission, I didn't get the 4G though. And take some things in consideration before I get attacked. The 4 strokes don't strip out the head studs because there is none, they don't blow out the head gasket because the head is 1 piece plus they barely if ever blow out crank seals and you don't have to worry about if you have the right mixture in the gas. I think people hate on the 50's because they don't feel like doing oil changes or valve adjustments, either way who knows. I honestly wish all these 2 stroke motors had a cam and valves the same basic shape only 4 stroke. That way you'd get more reliable bikes and easier to mount. The 4 stroke mounting plates are annoying.

It all boils down to this, would you rather have a Soviet copied Chinese powerplant or a Japanese copied Chinese powerplant?

great bikes honestly, ive used 5 total for my builds. Still have 2 today.

the main thing that you need to do is rebuild the hubs (especially the rear) as they don't really have any good grease from the factory. and if you going to keep the fenders, drill out the stock flimsy brackets and add 1/4 hardware. if you're going to run the 4 stroke bike kit, you're going to need to trim off a little bit of the choke as it hits the frame slightly, other than that, it fits pretty snuggly

Attachments

• 20190917_172224 (1).jpg
    20190917_172224 (1).jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 20190904_195953.jpg
    20190904_195953.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 20190904_195958 (2).jpg
    20190904_195958 (2).jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 117
The huffy frames fit a 4 stroke just fine, most bikes are a little snug near the air filter and choke lever. Just mount as low and far front as possible. Sometimes it helps to grind the cast iron engine mount piece in the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back