Chain Tensioner Huffy

B

Brad Dangler

I have a panama jack motorized bike 2 stroke and can't figure out why the chain keeps coming off the drive sprocket in the rear put a new chain on its a 41chain i do not know where the chain tensioner is supposed to be i live in bryan Ohio can someone help me thanks brad Dangler

Welcome!
The chain should have some slack in it, don't make it too tight or it will jump the rear sprocket. Also, put the chain tensioner where ever you can get it to make the chain flow well, sometimes if you move it closer to the rear sprocket, let it help guide the chain onto the sprocket, sometimes on the inside works good, sometimes on the outside. Sometimes putting a small bend in the tensioner can help. Also, make sure the rear sprocket is sitting as true as possible with the hub with as small amount of wobble as possible.

Straight edge along the flat surface of both sprockets, make sure it is touching both front and back, of both sprockets. If either one is off it will cause exces ware or come off.........Curt

in addition to what has already been said,

these kit sprockets lack the proper entrance/exit radius at the teeth, this is what causes the popping and snapping noises and premature chain stretch, as best you can try to replicate with a hand file what you see on a motorcycle sprocket as an example, also bevel the sides of the teeth towards the center.

http://www.gearseds.com/files/design_draw_sprocket_5.pdf#page=1

Merry Christmas To All

Back