Engine Trouble Huh? Knocking kind of?

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
12:07 AM
I got the YD100, idles good rides low throttle good, 3/4ths throttle good, max throttle four stroking, got the HP carb so I don't know how to fix that any info would help cause I only cruise at 3/4ths or higher. But I was riding in the rain today, got a mile from home and then the motor made this knocky high pitched squeal every time it hit, then stalled. Then anytime I tried to stop it when I popped the clutch the wheel just locked, I got 2 sparks but then the master link snapped. What ajustments do I have to make to the clutch, I assume that. I got a new spark plug due to four stroking. How do I make sure I don't have to pedal home for a mile next time?

it sat outside in the frost so probably, it also probably didn't help that while the studs were broken I rode this thing without an exhaust for like a week. Keep in mind this is my main source of transport, i'm stuck at home and I feel retarded because I think this is related to me not walking and instead riding with no exhaust. I really hope its a four stroking issue, I also ride with no air filter so maybe rain got in while the engine was on? How do i fix the issue with the clutch too? sorry if Im asking alot im not trying to overwhelm you all. Its just my point a to point b er

Sounds like you burnt it up. Running with no exhaust runs it lean and burns it up, and then cracks the piston. No air filter kills it too, all the junk and rain getting in it. I'd take it a part and check every thing, especially the bearings.

Back