(hush hush) Tweaking the Robin Subaru 35 for faster speeds

The biggest carb that will work on 35cc robin is 10.5mm, unless you can increase valve lift.(tightening lash does nothing to speak of)
Simply browse the WYK listing at Walbros website until you find one.
You want a WYK rotary carb not a butterfly carb.Most WYK have an adjustable needle, it makes it easy to adjust but in reality you can get a fixed jet carb to work better.

Goosing the Robin.

I'm using a Robin 33.5 on my bike and want to give it just a little more zip. I will get a one or two step larger Walbro diaphragm carb(similar to stock) and grind the intake port out in a cone shape to match the carb outlet. I would like to find a reduced back pressure exhaust pipe/muffler that points the exhaust down towards the ground and doesn't increase loudness an obscene amount. I could build one but I am afraid I'd screw the engine up. Does anyone know of an after market supplier with such a pipe and muffler?

Definitely a Sasquatch sighting! Too bad, I wanted to goose my Robin.
Bama, What happened to this thread???
-Mike

I got a gd Vendor Infraction for the funny ad attachment. Ain't that a crock??

The only thing I tried to buy on this site was an $8 wrench, mailed him cash and a SASE, and he never sent it.

The only thing I've sold were 2 predrilled steel mounts and 8 metric bolts, and that guy didn't even mail the $15, $5 which was postage.

****abunchavending.

Anyway, what was the question??

The modifications?

Pull out the screen, that spark arresstter. You'll need a dremel. Then put a copper elbow, exhaust extension pointed to the rear.

Quieter, more power, nothing else you can do except increase the drive gear to 14 teeth (I use 12, I'm in no hurry).

Back