Hust got the bike fixed up + i bought a welder!

BAD MOVE. GET THE HF 170DC lol. OR A STICK INVERTER FROM AMAZON. YO REALLY WANT THAT DC.
ill learn on it, i dont have a 230/240 volt outlet in my garage.
im running it on a 15 amp outlet because thats what my garage has.
im proabalby going to install a deditcated 20 amp outlet in the next year.
but this welder is fantastic for now.

I have the same welder and it's a good machine, just needs better wire. Don't listen to that knuckle head bike4life.

I have the same welder and it's a good machine, just needs better wire. Don't listen to that knuckle head bike4life.
Better wire and practice, practice, i have used a lot of them welder ( Different brands ) but work good. My welder is a old ( first come out with S P 100 Lincoln ) plugs into 110, 20 amp, ( in my garage )with gas. Got to be close to 30 years old still going strong. .........Curt

My new house doesn't have an outlet for my big welder yet so I took an old Harbor Freight one like that my Father had lying around for light work like our bike use. It is the older blue version of that which has an even crappier wire feed but is basically the same...it is fine for anything we would need on a bicycle. The wire it comes with is the cause of most issues...it is absolute trash and splatters everywhere, is smokey, and won't start a puddle easily so don't be discouraged by your first few welds.

I have had good results with that welder and Blue Demon .030 wire - works just as well as the Lincoln with even less splatter and a ~$5 lower price of only $14 with Prime delivery on Amazon for a 2# roll.

ill learn on it, i dont have a 230/240 volt outlet in my garage.
im running it on a 15 amp outlet because thats what my garage has.
im proabalby going to install a deditcated 20 amp outlet in the next year.
but this welder is fantastic for now.
I don’t have 240 service but I built a box that combines 2 120v lines into 240 on different phases. If you want to know more about let me know.

Lol. I will always say, Start with Stick never mag/fcaw. I’ve been welding for some time, kinda ish know a thing or 2 and AC SUCKS. B/C the RMS is 1/sqrt2 which means only 70percent of the energy as DC Plus AC has no power hits 0 on the graph twice every Hz.Thus more splatter less fusion, arc lil harder than dc.

Last edited:
I don’t have 240 service but I built a box that combines 2 120v lines into 240 on different phases. If you want to know more about let me know.
Lol. I will always say, Start with Stick never mag/fcaw. I’ve been welding for some time, kinda ish know a thing or 2 and AC SUCKS. B/C the RMS is 1/sqrt2 which means only 70percent of the energy as DC Plus AC has no power hits 0 on the graph twice every Hz.Thus more splatter less fusion, arc lil harder than dc.
I'll just stick with what I have, but thanks for the offer!

Back