Hybrid Bike

Garsm

Local time
6:03 AM
Hi, I am just starting making my first motorized bike. The main motor is going to be an 80cc kit. Running on the chain is going to be a d.c. motor that will produce electricity. The electricity will charge a battery bank that will operate my lights and accessories. when the batteries are full, I will switch the generator to a motor again and run off electricity. It will be like a hybrid bike.

I need help finding a sprocket for the generator. It has to fit the 415 chain and have a small bore. Let me know if you know where to get one because I cant find one anywhere.

Also, is there another name for the 415 chain?

Good luck with that. Sounds like a neat idea.

I'm afraid I can't advise you on the sprocket. But if such a thing exists, then someone will point you in the right direction.

"415" is the only name I've ever heard for this particular chain. But #41 chain also works for these engines drives. Maybe you ought to switch. It's cheap enough and finding the right sprocket might be easier.

Do I have to buy all new sprockets than or can i still use the sprocket that comes with the kit?

Back