Hybrid bike

All4-1

Local time
12:22 PM
Wondering- ever seen a gas and electric bike? Maybe a front wheel w electric motor and gas to the rear wheel? I don't believe I have ever seen this and electric motors are great for immediate power so maybe could never have to worry about pedaling again?

Wondering- ever seen a gas and electric bike? Maybe a front wheel w electric motor and gas to the rear wheel? I don't believe I have ever seen this and electric motors are great for immediate power so maybe could never have to worry about pedaling again?
There was a guy on here doing that, just don't remember who.

Been done numerous times over the years. I've always wanted to build a self charging Gas/electric hybrid. When the electric motor wasn't being used, it would then become a generator to put power back into the battery. My concept is more along the lines of what's used in cars. To be clear I'm not talking about regen braking.

Last edited:
Yes it's been done alot. The electric front wheel to get the bike up to speed then pop the clutch and switch to Gas engine.
Also use the E wheel for engine assist from a stop and when climbing steep hills.
I think the cost of an E Wheel and battery is what keeps everyone from making them.

Yes it's been done alot. The electric front wheel to get the bike up to speed then pop the clutch and switch to Gas engine.
Also use the E wheel for engine assist from a stop and when climbing steep hills.
I think the cost of an E Wheel and battery is what keeps everyone from making them.
I've always wanted to do a build with this SI gearbox
3240-5.jpg

I've often wanted to build an ebike with a 3000w motor but a very low drive ratio. The bike wouldn't be able to go faster than 10 mph on level ground. Then use a 3000w, 48v, 60ah battery. Older people and disabled people could then go on the nature trails.

Last edited:
The ultimate Wheel(tank)Chair, with one of these one can still enjoy the hiking trails or even go hunting

Attachments

• DSCF3918.JPG
    DSCF3918.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCF3919.JPG
    DSCF3919.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 140
I did a stealthy friction drive w/Honda GX35, with an electric BBS02 mid drive....all on a 20" folding bike. It's so much fun!

Attachments

• 20200926_161038.jpg
    20200926_161038.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 137
It sounds like a good idea. There are places you can ride an electric bike but not a gas one, plus, I'm certain you could hook it up so the gas engine could change the battery for the electric engine.

Back