Hydraulic clutch

Chop-chop

Local time
2:31 AM
Hi guys I'm currently in the process of adding a hydraulic clutch and brake setup to my motorized Schwinn chopper.

The first pic shows the 28-tooth rear sproket and adaptor that I have in the post in transit to me that allows a disc brake set-up to be fitted, which I will be converting to a hydraulic setup using a caliper from a trail bike.

The second pic shows the hydraulic levers I've also ordered and the last pic shows the hydraulic 'pull' type slave cylinder which I will be replacing the stock cable-driven clutch setup with.

A couple of custom length hydraulic lines will need to be ordered to hook it all up with, plus I will most likely need to fabricate various brackets and gizmo's to make it all fit/work, but I reckon the sense of satisfaction afterwards will definitely make it all worthwhile !!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210820-233848_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210820-233848_eBay.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20210820-234614_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210820-234614_eBay.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Screenshot_20210820-222410_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210820-222410_eBay.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 177
I'll be watching like a crack addict. I love seeing other peoples projects and ideas. Just keep those pics coming. Great project to be working on, sweet idea. I'll be eagerly watching to see just how f n cools its gonna be when you are done.

Hi guys I'm currently in the process of adding a hydraulic clutch and brake setup to my motorized Schwinn chopper.

The first pic shows the 28-tooth rear sproket and adaptor that I have in the post in transit to me that allows a disc brake set-up to be fitted, which I will be converting to a hydraulic setup using a caliper from a trail bike.

The second pic shows the hydraulic levers I've also ordered and the last pic shows the hydraulic 'pull' type slave cylinder which I will be replacing the stock cable-driven clutch setup with.

A couple of custom length hydraulic lines will need to be ordered to hook it all up with, plus I will most likely need to fabricate various brackets and gizmo's to make it all fit/work, but I reckon the sense of satisfaction afterwards will definitely make it all worthwhile !!
Is this your winter project? Is it cold out yet?

I was watching some guy's hydraulic brake conversion in their Minarelli hybrid powered bike and remember seeing those slave cylinders for a real motorcycle and that's when the idea just dawned on me... as long as it's a 'pull' type cylinder, I can't see why it wouldn't work. I think the bit that would cause me a little grief is to make it fit in that little tight space under the carb on the china girl .... where there's a will then there's a way aye...

I was watching some guy's hydraulic brake conversion in their Minarelli hybrid powered bike and remember seeing those slave cylinders for a real motorcycle and that's when the idea just dawned on me... as long as it's a 'pull' type cylinder, I can't see why it wouldn't work. I think the bit that would cause me a little grief is to make it fit in that little tight space under the carb on the china girl .... where there's a will then there's a way aye...
Linkage. Can make it fit by using a linkage. Then just postion how you need.

Linkage. Can make it fit by using a linkage. Then just postion how you need.
Yea I'm looking into that idea, but the more direct, then obviously the more response and sensitivity, neither I want to compromise on - I don't want to go backwards compared to cable clutch.

I just seen this thread. I like your idea and it looks pretty straightforward. I'm in the middle of a forever build and I was thinking of going hydraulic also. I didn't start picking part for it yet, but I would like to follow in your steps.
What site did u get that stuff from. My bikes getting power coated candy red this week and that stuff not only looks like it will do the job, but also goes with my paint.
Also I seen a fitting that goes on the hydro lever to split it for front and back on one lever.
Let us get some updates if u have any

Back