Hydraulic clutch

I just seen this thread. I like your idea and it looks pretty straightforward. I'm in the middle of a forever build and I was thinking of going hydraulic also. I didn't start picking part for it yet, but I would like to follow in your steps.
What site did u get that stuff from. My bikes getting power coated candy red this week and that stuff not only looks like it will do the job, but also goes with my paint.
Also I seen a fitting that goes on the hydro lever to split it for front and back on one lever.
Let us get some updates if u have any
U can get a standard set of hydraulic levers, use the left for the clutch and use the right, via a t-piece braising valve for both front & rear brakes, or just the rear brake if less complicated.
The levers, clutch actuator, calipers and lines made to required lengths can all be found on Ebay.
Here's the first one I'd found on Ebay, I'm sure if u looked a bit more, u could find a cheaper one...

All the parts are obviously designed for motorcycle applications but can easily be adapted to motorised bicycle use.

I've collected all the parts for my conversion and I'm currently designing the bracket to mount the clutch actuator as there is limited space under the carburettor on the china girl engine so I'm gonna somehow make it work....

I've been building performance/ show cars for over 30 years and have always followed one rule - go before show, something I carried over to these bicycles so I'm gonna get all the mechanicals sorted before pulling it all down for paint. I'm getting there...
Hope that helps.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Can't wait to see more my friend
RIGHT!! I love watching build threads. Just seeing whats going on wit the ride. An my favorite part is when they finish, fire it up the first time, and bring another monster to life!!! I CAN'T WAIT TILL IT'S ALIVE!!! ALIVE!!!!! lol

This ride is bound to be a treasure with all the thought an care put into it.

U can get a standard set of hydraulic levers, use the left for the clutch and use the right, via a t-piece braising valve for both front & rear brakes, or just the rear brake if less complicated.
The levers, clutch actuator, calipers and lines made to required lengths can all be found on Ebay.
Here's the first one I'd found on Ebay, I'm sure if u looked a bit more, u could find a cheaper one...

All the parts are obviously designed for motorcycle applications but can easily be adapted to motorised bicycle use.

I've collected all the parts for my conversion and I'm currently designing the bracket to mount the clutch actuator as there is limited space under the carburettor on the china girl engine so I'm gonna somehow make it work....

I've been building performance/ show cars for over 30 years and have always followed one rule - go before show, something I carried over to these bicycles so I'm gonna get all the mechanicals sorted before pulling it all down for paint. I'm getting there...
Hope that helps.
That link makes me want to change my Kaw 440 ltd to hydro clutch. I would lose Vintage status if I did though. It did give me some really good ideas for a multispeed tranny, using slave cylinders to shift gears.

Keep up the good work. Interested to see how you link it all up.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
One other thing, besides using hand brake levers for activation, there is also the option of the foot activation using the components of a foot/rear brake from a pit bike setup...
To be honest, it's really not that hard, as long as u take out any physical slack in the setup, use a good quality brake fluid and most importantly, bleed the lines properly...all 'no brainers'. 😀

I have a few ideas for tranny's on these, just have to find time to build 'em and test 'em. Was thinking a hydro activation would be nice to have and more accurate than a cable shift.

Back