Hydro lock

Well, he must have been running a horizontal cylinder for fuel to over flow out the exhaust. I locked up my old Berretta when an injector blew up, made a rod into a "C". That's a 4T again.

Not thats its the same exact thing but back a few years the larger B&S vertical engines would do this. I had many customers bring in a “Locked up” engine. First thing I would pull the dipstick and find oil\gas all the way up the stick. Usually the exhaust valve was cracked filling up the muffler which smoke for 30 min after fixing the problem. Other wise the cylinder was hydro locked and required removing the spark plug, carefully isolating the plug wire and spinning the engine over to clear it. I have seen the result of forgetting about the plug wire result in a 10ft flame thrower. An oil change and an inline fuel shut off was next. Took an updated carb needle and seat . It was ultimately figured out the recent addition of ethanol was attacking the needles and or seats.

Do the caps that come with the stock fuel tank have a breather? If not, pressure could build up and flood the carb (does an NT carb have an overflow?). I usually shut the petcock, before killing the engine, to drain the fuel line.

I did experience an actual hydro-lock while driving a 1950 Dodge pickup with a 218 flat head. One of the pistons sucked in a cylinder full of water and the engine stopped, bang dead. the rear wheels locked up and I skidded to a stop. Now that's hydro-lock!

Do the caps that come with the stock fuel tank have a breather? If not, pressure could build up and flood the carb (does an NT carb have an overflow?). I usually shut the petcock, before killing the engine, to drain the fuel line.
I was thinking about that last night, if the cap wasn't venting and the tank got heated in the sun it would pressurize a bit and then yes force fuel out the overflow but only for a bit until the pressure equalized, normally when the cap doesn't vent it prevents the fuel from flowing at all.
What I can't wrap my head around is how they say the fuel is pissing out the pipe and being a steady flow?

What's also hard to believe is that there is no information on the internet about 2t's and this condition it's all 4 stroke info and pictures of bent rods and damaged parts, which kinda backs up what I'm saying about it but I told them to look it up and show us some proof and I looked to no avail so with google and the internet being the main tool for info now a days that's going to be a hard one to swallow for many I guess.

Not thats its the same exact thing but back a few years the larger B&S vertical engines would do this. I had many customers bring in a “Locked up” engine. First thing I would pull the dipstick and find oil\gas all the way up the stick. Usually the exhaust valve was cracked filling up the muffler which smoke for 30 min after fixing the problem. Other wise the cylinder was hydro locked and required removing the spark plug, carefully isolating the plug wire and spinning the engine over to clear it. I have seen the result of forgetting about the plug wire result in a 10ft flame thrower. An oil change and an inline fuel shut off was next. Took an updated carb needle and seat . It was ultimately figured out the recent addition of ethanol was attacking the needles and or seats.
I had this happen to the snapper mower my wife uses, she won't use my Husqvarna. I installed a in-line fuel cut off to solve the problem, unless someone (her) forgets to turn the fuel off.

Here's one for you all, first of all I know that the term hydro lock refers to water but in this case the fluid in question is raw fuel/gas.
Now the story goes buddy went into a store came out and gas was pissing out the exhaust then it was suggested that it's hydro locked ? I would like someone to explain or show proof of a hydro locked 2 stroke from these conditions?
I stated that a carb with the float valve stuck open the fuel comes out the over flow not up the emulsion tube or needle jet body, yes or no?
Then I was told the over flow was blocked for other reasons and the case filled with gas and was pissing out the exhaust, so let me get this straight your gravity feed fuel supply has pumped through the carb and intake into the case and filled it to the point it's now over flowing out the exhaust port! Hhmm does this make sense ? And this all happened in a few minutes, have you ever drained your tank through the pet cock?
Now wait here's the real kicker this started with two guy's commenting then Don Butler chimed in saying this happens all the time ?
Can you send me what your buddies are smoking. It's way better than mine. I'd love to be that high.

Back