HYDROGEN MOTORBIKE (Next level?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my Astro van

I guess ive had one advantage. I am not a scientist. Ive never had the scientific world or the experts telling me Im not smart enough to try, and it can never be done. loquin, you seem like a brilliant person. I need people like you, to help me over a few humps. Like, I cant get it to rev over 1/3 throtle. I know im starving for fuel. I dont want to increase voltage or amps since im trying to keep the elecrical source small enough to fit on my bike and run for a few hrs. Please dont burn bridges. Id appreciate your help. I need mind power to push this to the next level. Or, I may have to switch to an "on board hydrogen assist". Mix gas and hydrogen at the fuel intake to make the my little engine get 250 mpg. I started all this crazyness 4 years ago on my car. Increased my milage from 22mpg to 29. It was then, I started to make an attempt to run a tiny 1 cyl engine from my hydrogen prototype. Which ive modified 138 times. Ive got it to start the engine and rev to 1/3 throttle. Not good enough for an install yet. I know science is proven theory and fact. All I know is ive taken 138 baby steps to get a lot further than a lot of men with better minds than mine. Yet, im not working on this alone. Go to youtube and type in hydrogen boost or hydrogen assist or hydrogen engine, and youll see me and all of my hydrogen brothers at work. All I have ever done in life is try to push everyone I know to expand their minds, and strive for the next level.

Hi, I tried one in my 2001 astro van I run for work. I did not see the results you gained. I came to the idea that because of the modern engine and the brain my mileage remained the same. I ran 2 tanks of gas through it and still got 19mpg. What auto do you run your generator in? And does it have the electronic brain? thanks for the info.

Hi Cruzin, you probably got worse mileage than before. Your o2 (or oxygen sensor) on your catalitic converter reads the amount of oxygen to fuel ratio your burning through your system. If you add a hydrogen/oxygen mix through your intake, the sensor sees that extra fuel as "rich" and then dumps more gas in to compensate.

So... you have to install a EFIE devise to your sensor to "fake it out" so it dosent see the oxygen/hydro as being a rich fuel mixture. In turn you end up super charging you fuel and the computer dosent know it. You dont have to step on the gas as much, giving you better milage. There are those who claim doubling their milage, personally I havent got it. But I have tweeked it to get even a little better than I stated above. Ive put on 62,000 miles on my Saturn Vue with zero engine problems.

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/...id=184&zenid=91739e641777e8658622b8a75b7da2ff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi12jT_yZwg

Last edited:
I've been watching this thread with great interest for several reasons, graucho, I love your passion, don't give up. I'm also glad loquin joined in with a hard dose of reality, these things are never simple. Many believe the conspiracies theories, between the oil companies and the auto companies to keep this and other technologies off the market, I do not. Electric vehicles go back to the beginning of the auto and for awhile they were on par with fossil fuel cars and trucks. The improvements in IC engines in power an reliability just about killed the electrics and the auto industry went fossil for that reason.

With the proliferation of fossil fuel engines came the infrastructure to support it and now we have gas stations on every corner but no hydrogen or even natural gas. Can we end the dependence on oil, of course but it will take time. The auto makers would love to market a 100 mpg car or a viable alternative to gasoline but there are many obstacles. Not just the technical issues but the lack of infrastructure to support them. If one were to build and market a 100 mpg car, with todays gas priced, you couldn't build them fast enough. We will continue to need oil for a long time, while new systems are perfected. The trick is not to bankrupt our economy while this work is going on.

graucho, you've hit it on the head. The gas you're producing is about a quarter of what the engine needs at full throttle. The only alternative I see is to increase the amount of hydrogen produced. what kind of area do you have on your electrolysis plates? Possibly, increasing the area could have a beneficial effect. Have you tried using an aluminum heat sink as the anode / cathode in the gas generator? The only other choice that I could see would be to increase the amperage through the unit. However, as I mentioned earlier, that doesn't help the efficiency. It's more along the lines of "I'm losing money on every sale, but I can make it up with volume" approach. I really think that you've hit a physical science limit in trying to electrolyze H2 at the vehicle. Hooking the battery to an electric motor directly, and bypassing the various inefficient processes in between, would take the bike further.

Now, that being said, IF you can use a catalyst or enzyme to aid in the production of a flamable gas, (not necessarily hydrogen) you MAY be able to use that approach instead. I don't KNOW of any catalyst that would work, but, bacteria DO produce methane... that means that they would probably use an enzyme in the process. Possibly, it would take a fermenter to make batches of methane, or possibly, you can find an approach to produce methane as needed, using the enzyme.

Last edited:
One other thing - what are you doing with the oxygen that's produced? You could always plumb it, and feed it into the carb too. It would ensure that with excess O2, all H2 would be burnt.

You guys are wicked smart. Loquin's deep grip on the sciences amazes me, tho. Chemistry is the only subject I never really cared to pay attention in, but it's prolly 'cause I didn't have a teacher like loquin!

That stuff on Stan Meyers is pretty crazy, too. I always thought those patents were bought up by oil companies, but he held on to 'em... helped the gov't run tanks on water.... then he was poisoned when toasting to the successful H2O tank project. Wow!

This article & movie of another guy with a similar project was pretty cool. If only for the amazing water torch & the last line of the article.

This water stuff could be more efficient than gasoline, but never more efficient than plugging an electric vehicle straight into a jack. The problem with all portable electronics is in the batteries; fix that & you have the most efficient use of energy (well, provided you have a solar or wind powered home).

That forum makes me want to build....naw.

I'll wait till someone figures it all out lol!

loquin is wicked smart. I just never give up and refuse to take "cant" as an answer.
The O2 exits out of my safety bubbler is already mixed with the hydrogen. Everything is injected into the heads intake port. (carb is removed) I stayed up all night and built a twin system. Double the hydro/O2 production. (Of course double the battery drain) I got the engine to rev to guessing 70% (need to get a tach to make sure) In the past Ive used every metal known to man. High grade stainless works the best for me. Almost everything else pollutes/deadens the water.
I want everyone to know I never said my process is the most efficient. It just gives me "wood" knowing I am powering an engine on an awsome design, electricity, water and a pinch of pottasium hydroxide. No gasoline.
Ive had everything on hold during winter because its too cold up here. Costs too much to heat my shop. My wife wont let me bring it in the house since my son in laws and I blew the windows out of the garage. (OK it was 3 years ago, weve learned a lot since then) I have to go lay down. Im starting to drool on myself from lack of sleep.

Last edited:
I'm sure you done this but to slow the timing on a single cylinder engine,you obviously don't have a distributor to turn but does turning the engine magneto and setting it slow down the timing? You would think that may gain some power...or is it advancing the timing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back