I accidently gave my bike more torque

Zac

Local time
1:36 PM
I have a slip on muffler, and decided to flip it around because it looked cooler. My bike has a ton of torque now, I might need to put the 38t on. I top out super fast and can pull ridiculous hills with the 44t. Kinda random, but awesome.

I have a slip on muffler, and decided to flip it around because it looked cooler. My bike has a ton of torque now, I might need to put the 38t on. I top out super fast and can pull ridiculous hills with the 44t. Kinda random, but awesome.
Post pictures of what you've done. One has to wonder if it's on the right now and wasn't on the right way in the beginning???

Before pic is with the pipe curving down at the end, after pic is with the curved side in the expansion chamber with the straight side at the end.

Attachments

• 20220129_191006.jpg
    20220129_191006.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 20220401_195226.jpg
    20220401_195226.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 133
Before pic is with the pipe curving down at the end, after pic is with the curved side in the expansion chamber with the straight side at the end.
How can you tell, there's no back wheel! :ROFLMAO:
You're probably just got it broke in.

Ya sure that muffler isn't for a 4 stroke

I've seen a muffler that look just like that one on a 79cc 4 stroke

I guess since it's after the expansion chamber it don't matter?

Why does there have to be muffler for 4 strokes and muffler for 2 strokes? It gets the job done. I'm just getting a new rear wheel ready for use so that's why no wheel is on. It's definitely not just break in that helped. I would have to weave on one hill to go up, now it goes right up no hesitation.

Why does there have to be muffler for 4 strokes and muffler for 2 strokes? It gets the job done. I'm just getting a new rear wheel ready for use so that's why no wheel is on. It's definitely not just break in that helped. I would have to weave on one hill to go up, now it goes right up no hesitation.
IDK I don't have a 2 stroke, that's why I said "I guess it don't matter"
I was just wondering if a muffler after the expansion chamber on a 2 stroke was special.

4 stroke mufflers have a baffle in it and some go in a certain direction
Since ya turned the muffler around that means ya turned the baffle around giving your 2 stroke more power.
That's why I was wondering if a 2 stroke has a special muffler after the expansion chamber

IDK I don't have a 2 stroke, that's why I said "I guess it don't matter"
I was just wondering if a muffler after the expansion chamber on a 2 stroke was special.

4 stroke mufflers have a baffle in it and some go in a certain direction
Since ya turned the muffler around that means ya turned the baffle around giving your 2 stroke more power.
That's why I was wondering if a 2 stroke has a special muffler after the expansion chamber
It all has to do with exhaust density. It's not so important on a 4 stroke, but is on a 2 stroke. Denser medium in the x-chamber, more punch, to an extent. To dense and it just over heats.

Back