I accidently gave my bike more torque

I wonder what the baffle looks like in Zac's muffler.
I can understand why turning the muffler around helped Zacs power.

4 stroke muffler baffles (silencers) are all about EPA spark arrestors and making it quiet for EPA regulations

Some baffles (Silencers) have chambers (2 stages) with a perferated tube in each stage that change the direction of flow and the whole thing surrounded by insulation to dampen the sound
The different chambers act as spark arrestors besides quieting down the sound.

While other baffles are a straight perferated tube surrounded by insulation, at the beginning of the perferated tube is the spark arrestor plate

Cutting off the spark arrestor plate gives the 4 stroke more power because the exhaust flows more freely with no obstructions.
The spark arrestor plate on a high flow baffle is EPA overkill, that hurts performance

High Flow Baffle is just a straight perferated tube with a slightly larger DIA than the exhaust valve and it wrapped in insulation to dampen the sound
A high flow baffle with no EPA spark arrestor plate lets the engine perform better than a straight exhaust pipe without a baffle

I wonder what the baffle looks like in Zac's muffler.
I can understand why turning the muffler around helped Zacs power.

4 stroke muffler baffles (silencers) are all about EPA spark arrestors and making it quiet for EPA regulations

Some baffles (Silencers) have chambers (2 stages) with a perferated tube in each stage that change the direction of flow and the whole thing surrounded by insulation to dampen the sound
The different chambers act as spark arrestors besides quieting down the sound.

While other baffles are a straight perferated tube surrounded by insulation, at the beginning of the perferated tube is the spark arrestor plate

Cutting off the spark arrestor plate gives the 4 stroke more power because the exhaust flows more freely with no obstructions.
The spark arrestor plate on a high flow baffle is EPA overkill, that hurts performance

High Flow Baffle is just a straight perferated tube with a slightly larger DIA than the exhaust valve and it wrapped in insulation to dampen the sound
A high flow baffle with no EPA spark arrestor plate lets the engine perform better than a straight exhaust pipe without a baffle
Some of those are a straight pipe with holes and fiberglass or cotton around the outside... Turning it around would make it Flo like a 2nd chamber and not restrict it...

Some of those are a straight pipe with holes and fiberglass or cotton around the outside... Turning it around would make it Flo like a 2nd chamber and not restrict it...
Yeah that's what mine is, its got all the holes in it

Back