I Am A Research Nerd About To Buy My First Bicycle Engine

reply to rebuttal

as i said:
i hope i'm wrong
let's go with the benefit of the doubt for the moment...

if you have in fact done all that research independantly soley for the sake of your enthusiasm, then i say "right-the-heck-ON!"

if you've merely gathered some web-easy content to provide a springboard for click-revenue, then i say "cya 'round!"

either way, however, we have an issue...you've come onboard acting as a bit of an authority, and by doing so you've also made it clear you have no idea who you're talking to or where you are.

so, i'm going to take you on your assertion that you're an enthusiast who has something to offer to the motorsport, & we will speak no more on the open forum of referrals for cash, clear?

now, we'll just move on & see what happens...and we'll see how the group responds.

so you all know, this topic was "reported" by a member who had concerns i felt valid...we count on the group to keep us up to date on how they feel about things like this...thank you :)

The opinion of a senior forum member to squidoo/bicycleengine.

Welcome. You seem remarkably organized in your interest. I've bookmarked your site.

The opinion of a senior forum administrator to squidoo/bicycleengine.

yes, you have done your homework...i hope your time here will help you expand your reference list to more fully represent what's available to the new rider/builder

that's no answer. like many folks, you apparently don't really read every word of every post before replying to a topic.

i said that before your mercenary remark about referral bonuses being a factor for choosing a vendor/engine/kit...since then, and after weighing your reply, i've changed my mind :censored:

i've also said "time will tell"...i think it's best if you chill and take the same attitude.

if you're sincere, it'll show. prove me wrong, i have no problem with that. in this case, i'd rather be wrong :)

Hi Everyone, Just a few quick comments concerning my special Whizzer motors, although several ads list the Whizzer at 148CC and some ads show the motor at 123CC it is in fact 138CC [137.793CC]. It has a bore of 57MM and a stroke of 54MM, most don't know this but the vintage Whizzer motor is slightly larger at 138.456CC. The new edition Whizzer motors have a lot of hidden power and is easy to extract, in fact most of my personal motors use the large 26Mm carburetor designed for 8HP and up motors [not bad for a motor starting with 1.95 HP]. Another fact that most find amazing is the majority of the power is developed by removing excessive aluminum from the motor. A large amount of metal is removed from both the head & intake port to increase the power. And although I owned several Whizzers in my youth growing up in Ohio, the reason I still choose it over all others is based around the durability of the motor. I have several personal bikes using modified motors with well over 6000 miles on each with zero problems. However I do know a lot of this sport/hobby centers around our ability to solve problems, and adapt different motors to power our rides. Since the Whizzer motor has proven to be a great choice for power, and durability, my interest is now centered around trying to find the motors breaking point.
Happy New year to all,
Quenton

enough.

geez, guys...i'm still trying to determine if this is even a valid account.

(not a personal statement about any seller/engine/poster, just a comment that this topic is prolly a waste of time and space...)

we don't usually get into direct recommendations, geez do those topics get smoky fast...
we've always tried to discourage direct recommending in "intro yourself" because we used to get "what's the best engine and where do i buy it?"...then the posting-war would begin, pretty much like this one would go if we let it.

besides, in this same time-span, there have been about 5 or 6 new memberships/intros that are going swimmingly...it sure would be a bigger community contribution if the posts were welcoming them instead of fretting this particular rare occurence. the staff will take care of this and we'll keep you all informed as always :)

welcome

the Station with the Robin friction drive is a fine unit
as already mentioned -- not the best in the rain
but for simple -- ((( trouble free ))) riding in most conditions -- very sweet

may be a little while before they are in your area
but also a new motor set up -- the EZM motor set from Quenton here on site -- sounds good !!!

ride that thing

Last edited:
Whatever Engine Kit you get ???

You sure do have some Awesome Scenery in NC. to enjoy in in.

Back