I am interested in Felt bicycles. Anyone else?

5-7HEAVEN

:cool:while surfing the net, i came across www.feltracing.com their cruiser bikes are reminiscent of pre-war bicycles, with bent top bar and balloon tires. the "1903" model caught my eye first, with 12gauge spokes, springer fork, fat tires, wide rims, MSRP $439. too bad it has an aluminum frame.
so my primary interest is now their Hurley 'Tres Nueves' hot rod model. same specs as the "1903", except w/steel frame. the local bike shop carries FELT bikes,and i got to view their V12 model.
the best part is that my shop's prices are close to MSRP...and shipping is FREE!(which can run close to $400 per bike!:eek:)
methinks they would look GREAT w/the Whizzer engine.

It looks like there's a hydraulic cylinder in the downtube, that would render the frame unable to attach a motor to...

check out their "cruiser" models.

Myron

Last edited by a moderator:
Felt has 2 and 3-inch wide cream tires! :D Gotta have the creams for that old-fashioned look!

{....Even though they don't list the 3" creams in the replacement parts, dealers must be able to get them....}

When I get my dream frame finished and together hopefully I will be able to buy a 2"/3" front/rear wheel and tire setup. I'm kinda wondering about the flat resistance problems that 3" tires might have, one can slime the tubes but I've never seen tire liners wide enough for them. ....Does anybody know what gauge spokes the Felt cruisers use?
~

:cool:Doug, the 1903,Propaganda,Hurley and Surf City models advertise 12g SS spokes. three have aluminum frames, except the Hurley. the Hurley seems to have everything i want.
some other models describe 14g spokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
5-7,

Yea, there are a few felt bike folks. I was so impress with the MP bike, I bought one and because of work taking me away from home a lot right now, I really have not done anything to it at all but, I am looking forward to it. Here is a link http://groups.msn.com/Feltmotoredbike/shoebox.msnw to some great photos of a felt 1903 with a motor. It looks great. See you on the forum,

Keith

:DKeith, those were the BEST pics of a modified 1903 i've ever seen! great detail with fender/chain clearance, front brake, exhaust routing. i really like the way they used the frame for a fuel tank!
good pics, Keith!

Hey Heaven,

Yes the 1903 is a great looking bike. I opened up the frame on the Felt MP bike today and like I was told, There are lots of (big) holes to be dealt with. It is going to take a lot of Tig welding to get it done but I am prepared to do that. I think I am going to make a decision on an engine tomorrow and order it since I might need a bit of welding for the motor mount, I might as well get it done at the same time.

At least I have started on the project, and that is cool.

Keith

Back