I am thinking of a 6.5hp rear drive.

JerboaJohn

good math! tho I calculate stuff, when you see it enough times, you can have an idea of angles. 90-(23)=67 and ball park close to what I conservatively thought is a safe limit angle. you're good to go
don't wanna get into load weight and momentum equations on turns esp when more variables like braking, accelerating from speed x
now you know why vehicle designers are a team and they all make big bucks, taking 2-3 years from scratch to build any vehicle!

bike4life

good math! tho I calculate stuff, when you see it enough times, you can have an idea of angles. 90-(23)=67 and ball park close to what I conservatively thought is a safe limit angle. you're good to go
don't wanna get into load weight and momentum equations on turns esp when more variables like braking, accelerating from speed x
now you know why vehicle designers are a team and they all make big bucks, taking 2-3 years from scratch to build any vehicle!
lol. yeah back in the day when i was younger, lol i am only 16 y do i talk like that?, i used to be a math geek tried to learn calc back in 8th grade and figured out half of the stuff. in 8th grade i was kinda fascinated when i cut out a parabolic shape on paper just for kicks and figured out its center of mass with a calc formula and then balanced it on a pencil and it matched the data from the formula. tho i was always viewed negatively for this and i gave up interest more or less. still believe that if u know the math and physics u can hack life. I still do well with math and visualize all the math/physics that i get at skool. I have a terrible memory like barely can remeber ppls names and what i ate or did an hour ago so i was forced to invent the equations or intuition instead of remebering them for tests and stuff. Tho its bad b/c i go to a medical highschool and we have anatomy physiology(instead of engineering and math stuff, 0 stem ciriculum) and medical terms in latin and i do terrible on them as medicine is straight up rote learning... :) btw the intention of this was not to brag just in case

I would hope they make big bucks... b/c otherwise college would be a waste of time, just join the trades or entrepreneurship. yeah unfortunately today i got sick so couldnt work on the pusher... maybe tommorow. I could just run a tongue length of 1/2 or 17.5" height which forms the 23" sides in the drawing and call 46 degrees safe but with a tongue length of 23", my bike wont fit on the train. Since i never buy a train ticket and just let them kick me off, i can go at least 7mi for free if they kick me off at the next stop or if i hide from them, maybe 15mi-20mi and then pusher bike the rest. plus the trains are fascinating, just watching the loco come in with the big traction motors and the fact that it can move hundreds of tons at a decent speed is crazy... i should probably get a job at the coney island rail yard in nyc which services the mta trains when the break down, tho i wonder if they pay ok.

Attachments

Last edited:

bike4life

Ok So today i was going to make a stop at my local harborfreight to pick up a new 10" tire for my trailer. Dont get the cheap 4 dollar ones, dish out some extra cash dor the more expensive ones as they last longer and have better tolerances. I mean when i welded the cheap ones bearings shut so when i install it it wont just spin on the shaft but bite against the ground at 60mph, it wobbled back in forth and yeah thats unacceptable at 60mph.

So i was going to bike down there but i somehow had a flat in my main bike, which got free from the junk yard. So i took the 2nd bike, the one from the 66cc engine project, which i havent used in 1 year and biked it down to the train station, took the train down 2 stops, hid from conductor/law man and then got off and started biking. Unfortunately the pedal crank assembly fell off midway and left me miles from home. Found the bolt laying on the ground and it was stripped and bent. Tried to reinstall and bang my shoe against it but the extreme torque from 130lbs * 1/2ft kept on popping it off. Reminder this was a bike being worked on and had issues that werent fixed, but took a chance. I was 8mi from home... So i ran the bike back to the station, pants kept on almost falling down, barely made the train by seconds. My hardhat fell under the train when loading it on, as this station had no platform so i had to quickly reach and grab it, luckily not under the wheels or anything. And then hid from the conductor for 2 stops. Unfortunately, i couldnt run that far as i was confronted by them via announcement on speaker that bike was blocking some walkway and something else. Guy thought i had gasoline in the tank, supposedly cant bring gas on the train, this was a old 66cc project, so i unbolted the engine and left the tank on before leaving the house to reduce the weight. Luckily, he didnt ask for ticket and i stalled him talking about motorbikes. If i got kicked off at the next stop, i would have been 5mi from home with a broken bike and would need to walk it home which would take like 2 hours. Seemed like a cool guy. He remebered when they still had them back in the day and told me a story or two and then i got off.

So the end of the day, i wasted 2 hours to try and get a part, but got nowhere. Better luck next time. Hopefully i can check this project off as done soon.
Now just watched turbo, old nostalgia i guess b.c last time i watched it was when back in the day when i was like 10. Kinda funny that it relates so well to my struggle with this pusher trailer bike and my old 66cc bike project. Its prolly now one of my favorite movies. BTW if u guys need a free hulu account w/ hbo or live tv, let me know... i get them for free have 1000x of them.

bike4life

yo. #necromancer is here. im baaaackkk from vaction so stay tuuuuuuuuuned ??!! muchos gracios....

bike4life

Here it is. Deisign change. The pillow blocks have been moved to the bottom so the frame is higher off the ground when I install the tire.
The welds are stick and look good!!! A little wavy but it’s an ashetical thing.

Attachments

FNTPuck

Cut a cross section of one of those welds man. Put two same size plates of the same exact metal into an "L" and weld along the joint then cut it in half and check for penetration and root gap.

It seems like it is allll on the surface, looks like virtually zero penetration. That won't hold much strength!

bike4life

Cut a cross section of one of those welds man. Put two same size plates of the same exact metal into an "L" and weld along the joint then cut it in half and check for penetration and root gap.

It seems like it is allll on the surface, looks like virtually zero penetration. That won't hold much strength!
i actually grinded in a bevel, i think it has penetration it was 6011. It was STICK. I am gonna put this on the welder forums and have them be the judge. https://weldingweb.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=6

bike4life

I got the green light from the welders forum!!!! So no FTPUCK, it will hold. The link is in the previous post.
Ok so like i said the projects was real slow and i just finished SATs and my mom wouldnt let me work in shop b/c "Need to do your SATs"" Despite the fact that i tested 1380 on psat this year, ya know those asian parents are crazy, "you should really aim for a 1500" like WTF. Also, i typically have a government style work ethic so my projects get delayed, but this isn't that bad of a thing b/c i might join the NJ transit train engineer program which is government owned (parents would be like nooooo bro, they have no idea) right out of HS and maybe skip college, and they pay pretty well, stable hours etc..... The idea here is that I would save 4 years of time and save up from my decent salary to open my own business relating to building crap. i know the median salary (idk if it counts benefits) for them is 120,000 + 30,000 overtime (https://townsquare.media/site/385/files/2018/10/NJ-Transit.jpg), mind u this is a GED/ Highschool Diploma Job.
Heres what we have so far.

Attachments

Last edited: