I am thinking of a 6.5hp rear drive.

I think i finally get what you are saying. I knew that a 25t would yeild less torque than a 44t. However, i also thought that a 10" tire would require 1/2 as much torque to turn than a 20" tire, so it would cancel. I guess thats not excatly the case. I'll see what i can do with a 44t sprocket and a 20" tire....

I think i finally get what you are saying. I knew that a 25t would yeild less torque than a 44t. However, i also thought that a 10" tire would require 1/2 as much torque to turn than a 20" tire, so it would cancel. I guess thats not excatly the case. I'll see what i can do with a 44t sprocket and a 20" tire....
Bingo.

If you want to test it out without changing everything, just keep the tire the same and throw a larger sprocket on it. While it sounds counter intuitive, if you get more rpm out of the motor you will gain speed with the larger sprocket.

I still think(and hope) once you hit 30mph you will rethink 40-50 and be happy as-is!

Bingo.

If you want to test it out without changing everything, just keep the tire the same and throw a larger sprocket on it. While it sounds counter intuitive, if you get more rpm out of the motor you will gain speed with the larger sprocket.
Yeah i would prefer not to use a larger tire yet because i have it running on 5/8 axle stock and pillow bearings. I don't think a bmx tire has a 5/8 centered hole. Ill first try out keeping a 10" tire but using a larger gear.

Here is my plan. What do you think. I am going to buy one of these trailler tires from HF

Some how 12" is the tire size, yet the actual diameter is 20". I will weld a 44t sprocket to it and then mount it on the 5/8 shaft. I'll See what happens in a week.

And don't ride that contraption in traffic, if I was behind you in my Tahoe and you were taking up a lane doing 35 in a 40 you'd get some harbor freight air horn (factory horn broke lol) and some v8 fury spinning at 7K through 2 flow master 40 series to really encourage you to move the f*** over.

And don't ride that contraption in traffic, if I was behind you in my Tahoe and you were taking up a lane doing 35 in a 40 you'd get some harbor freight air horn (factory horn broke lol) and some v8 fury spinning at 7K through 2 flow master 40 series to really encourage you to move the f*** over.
lol. Some day ill add a 60 gal air compressor to my bike trailler with a train horn. Ill make sure to then blast the train horn at you till the 60 gal tank runs out. :D:D:D

Back