Upgrades.....

Attachments

• 271EF34A-9E4A-45EB-82E3-F73AB8B2A34B.jpeg
    271EF34A-9E4A-45EB-82E3-F73AB8B2A34B.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 145
  • CB35606E-58C1-4A22-AEB6-664E7BA18569.jpeg
    CB35606E-58C1-4A22-AEB6-664E7BA18569.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 136
Center a wheel onto an axle via a 3D printed spacer......

No need for machine shops or metal lathes anymore. Works for centering larger gears on axles and much more. I got the school to print it out b/c they have a 3D printer but nobody uses it. Someday I’ll buy one for 150 dolla off amazon.....
THE TOLERANCES ARE FANTASTIC

Attachments

• 37EF23C0-4F2B-4D21-8409-DE0798F79532.jpeg
    37EF23C0-4F2B-4D21-8409-DE0798F79532.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 134
Center a wheel onto an axle via a 3D printed spacer......

No need for machine shops or metal lathes anymore. Works for centering larger gears on axles and much more. I got the school to print it out b/c they have a 3D printer but nobody uses it. Someday I’ll buy one for 150 dolla off amazon.....
THE TOLERANCES ARE FANTASTIC
Most 3d printed filaments are either terrible around heat, and/or prone to cracking from vibration.

Not for structural parts under stress - they are for prototyping or simple things like accessory mounts...I have been 3d printing for years and have a nice $2k+ printer but would never use it for anything structural. I DO want to make a forge to start using it to make casts for custom aluminum parts though!

Most 3d printed filaments are either terrible around heat, and/or prone to cracking from vibration.

Not for structural parts under stress - they are for prototyping or simple things like accessory mounts...I have been 3d printing for years and have a nice $2k+ printer but would never use it for anything structural. I DO want to make a forge to start using it to make casts for custom aluminum parts though!
I never planned on using it for structural. It is used to keep it centered while i weld the wheel in place with some spacers and angle iron or 3/8" plate....
I was amazed that before i used a caliper and guess work for centering and i would always get wobble... Now it is very precise and dead on accurate...
It sound good though casting 3d printed parks, sounds kinda neat. What brand 3d printer is yours. Today, the price of the printers is like 1/10th that of just a few years ago.....

I never planned on using it for structural. It is used to keep it centered while i weld the wheel in place with some spacers and angle iron or 3/8" plate....
I was amazed that before i used a caliper and guess work for centering and i would always get wobble... Now it is very precise and dead on accurate...
It sound good though casting 3d printed parks, sounds kinda neat. What brand 3d printer is yours. Today, the price of the printers is like 1/10th that of just a few years ago.....
Ahhh makes sense, I thought you were bolting the wheel to it as a spacer.

I have a Taz6, upgraded from a creality CR10. The Taz is soooooo many times better, worth every penny.

Ahhh makes sense, I thought you were bolting the wheel to it as a spacer.

I have a Taz6, upgraded from a creality CR10. The Taz is soooooo many times better, worth every penny.

Yeah i used the 3d printer to space it centered, than cut some really beefy square tube 3/8" thick, (think found in scrap pile by a train station when used to build the platform...) in half to form a C-channel like thing. Drilled 5/8 centered. Then fit it on the axle, will weld the C-channel like thing to the wheel. I think it should be strong....
The lulzbot...., you know this YT channel, ElectroBoom? Good stuff; he gives them away for free, but the odds would be 1/10000 of winning....

Back