I am thinking of a 6.5hp rear drive.

I wouldn’t try it with that pusher that’s way to fast for one of those setups. I personally would get like a 100cc or so Briggs for the pusher project. You never posted a picture of your bike but micargi predator look it up I bet the 212 will fit inside the frame. There are other frames too. I think the felt beach cruiser and others. This seems to be the perfect size and you can mod it. Jerboa is using this one. https://www.homedepot.com/p/LIFAN-4-HP-118cc-Horizontal-Shaft-Gas-Engine-LF160F-AQ/203281927?keyword=Lf160f&searchtype=text&semanticToken=2003000000+>++st:{lf160f}:st+cnn:{2:1}+cnr:{8:0}+cnb:{0:0}+oos:{1:1}+tgr:{No+stage+info}+qu:{lf160f}:qu There’s also the Briggs 550 series. Just thinking about weight and stuff. Hey you could probably get an old flathead 3hp Briggs and Stratton for cheaper than the predator too. I have 2 of those. One needs the carb rebuilt and the one on the minibike keeps eating pullstarters.View attachment 86440
Well why not?? If i build it right. I reinforced the frame it is strong. Plus if i have 2 wheels on it, i can legally call it a mobility device and not get it registered. As long as i somehow convice them its electric lol. Good idea for an electric pusher not necessaryly a gas one. https://www.njlaws.com/39_4-14_10personalassis.html

Well why not?? If i build it right. I reinforced the frame it is strong. Plus if i have 2 wheels on it, i can legally call it a mobility device and not get it registered. As long as i somehow convice them its electric lol. Good idea for an electric pusher not necessaryly a gas one. https://www.njlaws.com/39_4-14_10personalassis.html
might want to make it with 1/4 steel lol. i would go with a single wheel or make a live axle.
but keep in mind its a lot of power! those 212s are no joke. my buddy has one on his mini bike, i tried it once and it almost killed me lol.
i would still go rear rack (if this is on your fat bike, which im assuming it is)
but if i cant convince you,
post some pictures of the build! i would love to see how it turns out (my baja build is fast! you will probably blow me out of the water, might want to race that australian guy lol he has a built 160)

might want to make it with 1/4 steel lol. i would go with a single wheel or make a live axle.
but keep in mind its a lot of power! those 212s are no joke. my buddy has one on his mini bike, i tried it once and it almost killed me lol.
i would still go rear rack (if this is on your fat bike, which im assuming it is)
but if i cant convince you,
post some pictures of the build! i would love to see how it turns out (my baja build is fast! you will probably blow me out of the water, might want to race that australian guy lol he has a built 160)
Ok so I got the engine today. It’s a beast. Unfortunately I placed it on those plush stools and the thing fell over and landed on the gas tank top..it looks liked the shock got absorbed.Thankfully didn’t land on the side or the shaft. Fell from 2.5ft It has a small dent in it and I inspected for cracks or anything and it’s ok. I hope it still works 😩😩😩 what da ya think... should I pray for it lol 😂 it’s kinda of making my stomach sick as that’s like 1/4 my life savings...

Attachments

• A8D059C7-D911-4C41-84B4-0C02D0A16454.jpeg
    A8D059C7-D911-4C41-84B4-0C02D0A16454.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Ok so I got the engine today. It’s the genius. Unfortunately I placed it on those plush stools and the thing fell over and landed on the gas tank top..it looks liked the shock got absorbed. It has a small dent in it and I inspected for cracks or anything and it’s ok. I hope it still works 😩😩😩 what da ya think... should I pray for it lol 😂
I think it's fine, you dented the tank not the valve cover right? Lol
I've done more crap to my engines (my tecumseh fell off my bench when it fired up, landed straight on the spark plug, demolished it lol)

I thought my minibike with the 196 was a neck snapper, I can imagine what a geared low 212 could do haha. yeah if you're pushing a load, speeds you can manage probably are only like 21mph tops. at speed, you might not be able to get outta the 212's way to put it like that lol. it has to reside at the center of gravity or forward of it to be somewhat stable. rockets are not like that because they have stabilizers and a gyro, but take away the fins and you get the point :)
but good luck with the build! keep us posted how it goes

I thought my minibike with the 196 was a neck snapper, I can imagine what a geared low 212 could do haha. yeah if you're pushing a load, speeds you can manage probably are only like 21mph tops. at speed, you might not be able to get outta the 212's way to put it like that lol. it has to reside at the center of gravity or forward of it to be somewhat stable. rockets are not like that because they have stabilizers and a gyro, but take away the fins and you get the point :)
but good luck with the build! keep us posted how it goes
well, if you get a torque converter, that will make it rip!
as you will get cvt affect so you can get 55 mph and still pop wheelies!
but gearing is really the most difficult part. if your geared too high you will start burning belts.
good luck on the build! were both rooting for you!

well, if you get a torque converter, that will make it rip!
as you will get cvt affect so you can get 55 mph and still pop wheelies!
but gearing is really the most difficult part. if your geared too high you will start burning belts.
good luck on the build! were both rooting for you!

I am thinking of this.... https://www.harborfreight.com/13-5-32-inch-x-3-7-16-inch-flatfree-tire-67469.html as the tire as my 20" bike doesnt fit as seen. this will ride on 5/8 rod and pillow blocks.
Now heres the question. U said foward of the center of mass... well i am putting my engine in the front so that should be ok. Also.... i might have to offset the engine a little bit to the left so that i can have the shaft with the centrifugal clutch line up with the a few inches inward of the frame to accept a gear later on... is that ok/ any work arounds. if i line it up in the middle, when the centrifugal clutch is installed, the sprocket will be directly on top of the w-channel and i cant see how i can fit a gear on top of the w channel, it has to be to the left or the right as there is emtpy space there, if u know what i mean.

I wont be using a torque converter most likely... due to the cost. But if i need one, i will get it. but u will have to convince me that, which i will accept. The max rpm with the governor still on is 3600rpm and the idle speed is 1800 as the spec sheet. As 3600rpm/5280ft X 60min/12in X 10t/25t X 3.14 X 13in tire = 55mph. I also have in stock in my shop a 44t instead of the 25t, but it will cut my speed in half. Does this mean that the lowest speed i can go at is 55/2=27mph as i dont think the engine can run below idle speed right?

Attachments

• 9A423E15-AB5A-4CAE-BB5E-71D069C7A7DE.jpeg
    9A423E15-AB5A-4CAE-BB5E-71D069C7A7DE.jpeg
    376.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 6F962B62-E33F-49B9-8C87-085832C2C1D1.jpeg
    6F962B62-E33F-49B9-8C87-085832C2C1D1.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
I am thinking of this.... https://www.harborfreight.com/13-5-32-inch-x-3-7-16-inch-flatfree-tire-67469.html as the tire as my 20" bike doesnt fit as seen. this will ride on 5/8 rod and pillow blocks.
Now heres the question. U said foward of the center of mass... well i am putting my engine in the front so that should be ok. Also.... i might have to offset the engine a little bit to the left so that i can have the shaft with the centrifugal clutch line up with the a few inches inward of the frame to accept a gear later on... is that ok/ any work arounds. if i line it up in the middle, when the centrifugal clutch is installed, the sprocket will be directly on top of the w-channel and i cant see how i can fit a gear on top of the w channel, it has to be to the left or the right as there is emtpy space there, if u know what i mean.

I wont be using a torque converter most likely... due to the cost. But if i need one, i will get it. but u will have to convince me that, which i will accept. The max rpm with the governor still on is 3600rpm and the idle speed is 1800 as the spec sheet. As 3600rpm/5280ft X 60min/12in X 10t/25t X 3.14 X 13in tire = 55mph. I also have in stock in my shop a 44t instead of the 25t, but it will cut my speed in half. Does this mean that the lowest speed i can go at is 55/2=27mph as i dont think the engine can run below idle speed right?
well, not nessarly, my bike is geared with a 3/1 reducer along with a 44t sprocket.
my bike had NO bottem end. as its still geared really high. the bike runs like a diesel (i can only get to 3000rpm before i run out of room lol)
i ordered a spring for my bike so i can get higher rpm engagement (ie my clutch engages at 1800 rpm, which bogs the engine like MAD, so after i put on the spring so it engages a 3000 rpm, that should make it accelerate faster as the engine wont bog as much)
if you have a high gear, you wont be able to hit that top speed, as the engine wont be able to carry the load (imho)
but a torque converter is night and day diffrence on my mini bike (the clutch was ok, but the torque converter is on a new level, i can wheelie my mini bike now and still go faster than the clutch ever could!)
but its your choice, good luck on the build!

well, not nessarly, my bike is geared with a 3/1 reducer along with a 44t sprocket.
my bike had NO bottem end. as its still geared really high. the bike runs like a diesel (i can only get to 3000rpm before i run out of room lol)
i ordered a spring for my bike so i can get higher rpm engagement (ie my clutch engages at 1800 rpm, which bogs the engine like MAD, so after i put on the spring so it engages a 3000 rpm, that should make it accelerate faster as the engine wont bog as much)
if you have a high gear, you wont be able to hit that top speed, as the engine wont be able to carry the load (imho)
but a torque converter is night and day diffrence on my mini bike (the clutch was ok, but the torque converter is on a new level, i can wheelie my mini bike now and still go faster than the clutch ever could!)
but its your choice, good luck on the build!
with a 3 to 1 reducer, is that your torque converter. Like your bike must run at 15mph with that at 3600rpm. Look, your tires will require the same rpm to go at X mph, with a torque converter, the final gear ratios are identical. So if i use a 25t final sprocket with a 13t wheel, and use a 10t centrifugal clutch, will it work to get 60mph at 3600rpm. I would think so and i hope so.The centrigufal clutch cost 50 dollars less than a torque converter.

Back