I am thinking of a 6.5hp rear drive.

Use naval jelly or The must for rust to remove the galvanizing before welding. If you see yellow or white ash/ smoke when welding stop.

Use naval jelly or The must for rust to remove the galvanizing before welding. If you see yellow or white ash/ smoke when welding stop.
I finished welding the frame and your reaction to metal fever is a lil overstated as i was welding outside. my question is should i have one or two wheels on the axle. The wheels would be welded against eachother if i have 2, making a giant fat tire of 7" or should i just have one tire of 3.5" thickness.

I no nothing about push trailers, was just trying to give you a tip to prep galvanized for welding.
QUICK QUESTION: on the 6.5hp engine spec sheet is says maximum torque at 2500rpm. Does that mean i should gear my engine ratios for 2500rpm via a gear reduction that will turn that torque into speed and when i run the machine make sure it stays at that rpm. Or should i run it at 5000rpm. At wide open throttle, doesnt it run at 5000???

QUICK QUESTION: on the 6.5hp engine spec sheet is says maximum torque at 2500rpm. Does that mean i should gear my engine ratios for 2500rpm via a gear reduction that will turn that torque into speed and when i run the machine make sure it stays at that rpm. Or should i run it at 5000rpm. At wide open throttle, doesnt it run at 5000???
well, you want to set it so the engine dosent bog. the engines max torque is a good starter for setting clutch engagement (if you have a adjustable clutch, or just change the spring, im planning on running a max torque black spring on my engine clutch as it produces more power at the high end)
at wide open it should run up to 5000 (with givemenr removed, with govener it will hit 3600) with no trouble (ie, you hit the throttle and the engine gets up and going no problem)
the gear ratio is personal prefrence (ie do you want to accelerate quick or do you want to go 50mph?)
i would go with more acceleration.
but i would ride the bike and test and tune,

good luck! cant wait to see the build!

I
well, you want to set it so the engine dosent bog. the engines max torque is a good starter for setting clutch engagement (if you have a adjustable clutch, or just change the spring, im planning on running a max torque black spring on my engine clutch as it produces more power at the high end)
at wide open it should run up to 5000 (with givemenr removed, with govener it will hit 3600) with no trouble (ie, you hit the throttle and the engine gets up and going no problem)
the gear ratio is personal prefrence (ie do you want to accelerate quick or do you want to go 50mph?)
i would go with more acceleration.
but i would ride the bike and test and tune,

good luck! cant wait to see the build!
ok i have a centrifugal clutch w/10t sprocket. I have a 36t sprocket for the rear and am using either a 20” bike tire or I can use a 26” tire. I want it to go 50mph for long distances as that’s what cars go on the highway and don’t care about accelerating. What should I do... the 26 or 20? And should I run it at 3600??

I

ok i have a centrifugal clutch w/10t sprocket. I have a 36t sprocket for the rear and am using either a 20” bike tire or I can use a 26” tire. I want it to go 50mph for long distances as that’s what cars go on the highway and don’t care about accelerating. What should I do... the 26 or 20? And should I run it at 3600??
well, if you want top speed go with the 26"
but thats a really high gear ratio, a 20" wheel might be the best of both worlds
also, if you know how to remove the govener and the risks of doing so (yes there are risks)
then go with that, that would be the best all around. i would go with the original concept, (the push trailer would be a lot of hastle, just saying)

good luck man!

well, if you want top speed go with the 26"
but thats a really high gear ratio, a 20" wheel might be the best of both worlds
also, if you know how to remove the govener and the risks of doing so (yes there are risks)
then go with that, that would be the best all around. i would go with the original concept, (the push trailer would be a lot of hastle, just saying)

good luck man!
well basically the 6.5hp on the rear would be 2 heavy. And i am not going to pay 99$ for a 79cc when i can get a 212cc for the same price, that would be foolish. So am gonna use a 20" bike tire and did some quik maffs and found out top speed is 60mph at 3600rpms. Nah i dont feel like C:/windows/system32 -rm governor /*

well basically the 6.5hp on the rear would be 2 heavy. And i am not going to pay 99$ for a 79cc when i can get a 212cc for the same price, that would be foolish. So am gonna use a 20" bike tire and did some quik maffs and found out top speed is 60mph at 3600rpms. Nah i dont feel like C:/windows/system32 -rm governor /*
alright, sounds fair, also, you might want to put a 44t sprocket on it, and if you have a hub adapter thats a good idea, (my engine bends the spokes BAD, and thats only a 2.8hp engine, i might need a adapter soon, or else ill need a new wheel soon lol)
good luck, and cant wait to see the build!

I want it to go 50mph for long distances as that’s what cars go on the highway and don’t care about accelerating.

I wouldn’t try it with that pusher that’s way to fast for one of those setups. I personally would get like a 100cc or so Briggs for the pusher project. You never posted a picture of your bike but micargi predator look it up I bet the 212 will fit inside the frame. There are other frames too. I think the felt beach cruiser and others. This seems to be the perfect size and you can mod it. Jerboa is using this one. https://www.homedepot.com/p/LIFAN-4-HP-118cc-Horizontal-Shaft-Gas-Engine-LF160F-AQ/203281927?keyword=Lf160f&searchtype=text&semanticToken=2003000000+>++st:{lf160f}:st+cnn:{2:1}+cnr:{8:0}+cnb:{0:0}+oos:{1:1}+tgr:{No+stage+info}+qu:{lf160f}:qu There’s also the Briggs 550 series. Just thinking about weight and stuff. Hey you could probably get an old flathead 3hp Briggs and Stratton for cheaper than the predator too. I have 2 of those. One needs the carb rebuilt and the one on the minibike keeps eating pullstarters.

Back