I believe the cops were thinking about nailing me ._.

Khamsin

Local time
10:45 PM
So I was on my way to the store right? I park my bike on the pavement because I have to take a phone call. While I'm doing this a cop happens to be driving by and the whole time both of them were staring RIGHT at me and the bike while driving by and it wasn't a "hey nice bike stare" It was more of a "wtf is that maybe we should stop this guy" kind of stare. they both left and didn't bother me but still I'm starting to get bad vibes here lol wouldn't surprise me if they got me though, this is Philadelphia hahaha.

Anyone else got a weird story involving the police?

So I was on my way to the store right? I park my bike on the pavement because I have to take a phone call. While I'm doing this a cop happens to be driving by and the whole time both of them were staring RIGHT at me and the bike while driving by and it wasn't a "hey nice bike stare" It was more of a "wtf is that maybe we should stop this guy" kind of stare. they both left and didn't bother me but still I'm starting to get bad vibes here lol wouldn't surprise me if they got me though, this is Philadelphia hahaha.

Anyone else got a weird story involving the police?
An inch long folding pocket knife will have the cops giving you a cavity search in philly apparently, a motorized bike is probably as good a reason to them to pull you over as having a dead body in the back of your pickup... Good luck went to Philly twice no point in ever going back except for the cool trolleys you can ride.

Where I live, if you have a gas bike. Your a crankster! I don't fit the image and either dose my bike! Cranksters don't have $1,000 in there bikes. They have not stopped me yet. I'm sure the only reason is my bike is in a whole different league. On purpose! All my parts were bought online by me. So with my phone I can show receipts for every part on the damn bike! It's too bad it has to be that way. But I love the hobby and I'll do whatever it takes to enjoy it and do it trouble-free. Can't wait to take a trip up in the woods and do some riding!

Where I live, if you have a gas bike. Your a crankster! I don't fit the image and either dose my bike! Cranksters don't have $1,000 in there bikes. They have not stopped me yet. I'm sure the only reason is my bike is in a whole different league. On purpose! All my parts were bought online by me. So with my phone I can show receipts for every part on the damn bike! It's too bad it has to be that way. But I love the hobby and I'll do whatever it takes to enjoy it and do it trouble-free. Can't wait to take a trip up in the woods and do some riding!
Did you ever consider moving?

If Philly is anything like NYC, you will get busted. NYC has no tolerance for any kind of unplated motor bikes, even electrics that are low power. Cyclists are hassled and often ticketed.

Fortunately it isn't. so far other than that awkward stare I've gotten numerous compliments. I will never go to NYC EVER

Here in Anchorage we have 3 types on the trail systems, 1.pedestrains are easy to miss, 2. Cycle riders enjoy the six foot wide paved trail. but unlike cops, aBull moose or a cow with/without calves , dont write a ticket... Its stomped into your bike or Worse...

If Philly is anything like NYC, you will get busted. NYC has no tolerance for any kind of unplated motor bikes, even electrics that are low power. Cyclists are hassled and often ticketed.
It's been known for several years that NY was pretty much the ONLY state that was a hater from day one. Their statutes might say something different than what others have paraphrased (which is usually the case, statutes frequently say something different than what initially meets the eye).

But yea... NY sucks. I probly wouldn't mind riding an electric bike limited to 20mph, which is definitely considered SAFE as it's protected by federal law. NY could ticket you, but then you could sue the state and definitely win in a federal court, on grounds of the Supremacy Clause in the U.S. Constitution. Easy peasy. I'd love to live their for that reason alone to shut those clowns up.

Ironically, tho. I'm happier riding a 20mph electric bike, like a Sondors... than just about any other gas bike. Suits my needs just fine nowadays... But of course, the beauty of MBs is that there's far more options than are provided at a dealership.

Back