I Built It #2

i had this pocket bike engine laying around.i got the gear box from my buddy.theres a mountian dew bottle for a gas tank.waiting on the rite one.this sob is FAST.i think i can hit 50 mph if i tuck in tight.but not gonna try that yet.dont like the thought of scraping down the road.
the pics kinda suck.

Last edited:
heres the deal.i want to do a cross country trip REAL SOON!but im not going if i cant get this thing reliable.right now its geared to high.i need to get it to a top speed of 35.scooter guy said he has a smaller sprocket for the tranny.but then i think im still using a chain and if anything goes wrong.i might be eating the pavement and busting spokes.so i want to do a belt drive.the chain is a little over three foot around.i should be able to get a timing belt really close to that.im gonna cut the timing belt down into say?3/8 inch strips that should break if anything goes wrong.that will give me extra belts.i just need to go see my machinist after i get the belt i want.problem is i got no ride now cause i sold my friction drive.im kinda stuck.:cry:

72 divided by 13 times 3 that's about 16.50 to 1 , that's pretty close . you will have to use a thin tire so the belt doesn't hit . I'm running a belt drive on a tadpole , 35cc four stroke . golden eagle setup . its reliable . but dont know how well the belt would hold up to two stroke power . this uses a big ring on the spokes. http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/thescooterguy/?action=view&current=tadpole002.jpg
i want to take a cross country trip too this summer , Ive been thinking about it for some time . from Gladstone Oregon to Boise Idaho my brother lives there. the tadpole would be comfortable but slow . and wouldn't take to the mountain too well . and the two stroke lots of gas and oil . my perfect ride for distance would be the titan from dax.com its quiet , strong , will take me up any hill . and at 175mpg i could get there in less than three gallons of gas . at an average speed of just guessing 3o mph . i would want a chopper type of frame so i ride sitting up . and my feet can touch the ground . Electra calls it flatfoot technology. it would be fun to organize a cannonball run with check points everyone brings there build and we see what will do what ..that would be a great time . with some camping too.

ok i think im gonna try this.if it works the belts r pretty cheap.i would like to have a gebe setup to throw this motor on.but theres noway in **** im paying 350 for a kit without motor.

as far as mixing gas and oil on a long trip.ive been eye balling my oil mix for a long time.just ad till the color looks right.
man ive been to evry state west of the mississippi except oregon and california.i want to get out there and see them redwood trees.

the burning in my legs is starting to go away no thay ive been pedaling.i went ahead and bought some v pulleys to get back on the road.

i will share recipe

well if you would like to make your own kit and save some money i will share my recipe with you and whoever needs . motored biking should not be expensive , u already have the motor , and the bike . about the only thing you will need to buy retail is the threaded cranks from sick bike parts . $35.00( i have a way to get around that too but for $35.00 its worth it ) the rest you can glean from old bikes and scooters . you can get a broken scooter on craigs list for about 40.00 or so . you just need a few select parts .
ok i think im gonna try this.if it works the belts r pretty cheap.i would like to have a gebe setup to throw this motor on.but theres noway in **** im paying 350 for a kit without motor.

as far as mixing gas and oil on a long trip.ive been eye balling my oil mix for a long time.just ad till the color looks right.
man ive been to evry state west of the mississippi except oregon and california.i want to get out there and see them redwood trees.

the frustrations of inventing things . things dont always work . there are lots of forces at work , friction , torque , resistance , dont give up . through struggle comes improvement , you never know what improvements you will find while trying to find a solution. its better that it broke now , then after you were on your long trip . so what happened ? to much slipping caused belts to fail?

Last edited:
speaking of learning , and struggles . my new Gary fisher with high performance **** on it , i was tuning in walbro carb . reaching speeds of forty and i hear a small pop. and the motor turns off . that cant be good . SO i pedal it back to the driveway . pull the pull start and no compression . took the spark plug off and the plug tip was white , i looked down in there and smack dab in the middle of the piston is a hole the size of a dime . i guess i was running a little leen . oh well new piston . i will have to order that on my next parts order . one thing about high performance . they are high maintenance this bike could take the titan 50cc 4 stroke just fine , i would have to switch out the tank for a gravity feed carb .here are pics of the build im pretty proud of it . it has pontential . i made the rims with the hubs . three speed internal .
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/thescooterguy/garyfisher007.jpg
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/thescooterguy/garyfisher006.jpg
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/thescooterguy/garyfisher005.jpg
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/thescooterguy/garyfisher003.jpg

Back