I call this thing Hephaestus's Vengeance.

I call this thing Hephaestus's Vengeance.​

I hate to be overly critical here, but blowing through stop signs and motoring down the wrong direction of a one way street is something that will attract the wrong type of cop attention...It sure got my attention as a retired Police Lieutenant.

Perfect example of horrible cycling skills. These kind of videos get laws passed banning our bikes. The cyclist was just as bad, riding a passenger on a bike designed for 1 person, no helmet, blowing through STOP signs, going the wrong way on a One Way street.

The only time 2 people can legally ride a bicycle designed for one person is if one of the passengers is an infant and in an approved infant carrying device. Some states do allow a cyclist to do an Idaho STOP provided certain conditions exist. No state allows an MB'er to do an Idaho STOP.

Even worse is y'all are filming this irresponsible behavior then posting it on public media. Irresponsible unskilled cycling like this causes many to think all cyclist/MB'er are like those riders.

These guys too, probably think they're just having fun why stop for a STOP sign if nobody is near you; though the MB'er almost got hit when running a STOP sign.

So runningdunning please watch the 3 videos of good cycling skills. Being a good MB'er starts with being a good cyclist first. These skills will greatly reduce the chances of being in an accident.

As for the cyclist and passenger either get 2 bicycles or a tandem bike and all 3 should be wearing helmets.

Being a good MB'er starts with being a good cyclist first.
In my little town of Alamogordo, NM, over the past 5 years, there were three M/B accidents...One resulting in death, one resulting in paralysis, and one with major internal injuries...ALL were caused either by blowing through stop signs, inattention to various traffic conditions, or no helmet...And all three of the bikes were not built with any safety in mind, all three were running only rear coaster brakes, all three had no mirrors, and the one at night also had no lights or horn...ALL were preventable accidents that never had to happen at all.

In my little town of Alamogord NM, over the past 5 years, there were three M/B accidents...One resulting in death, one resulting in paralysis, and one with major internal injuries...ALL were caused either by blowing through stop signs, inattention to various traffic conditions, or no helmut...And all three of the bikes were not built with any safety in mind, all were running only rear coaster brakes, and the one at night also had no lights or horn...ALL were preventable accidents that never had to happen at all.

Very sad about the accidents. I'm recovering from covid, I plan to start back making videos again soon. I shot with a cellphone in the past, I'll be using a helmet cam in the new videos; I'd also like to do a rear mount cam as well to edit it into the videos. I want my videos to be entertaining; more importantly I want them to be educational.

We who choose to do videos on this forum need to also set the examples of how to use good cycling skills to nagavite traffic.

Safety first!

P1020646.JPG

Perfect example of horrible cycling skills. These kind of videos get laws passed banning our bikes. The cyclist was just as bad, riding a passenger on a bike designed for 1 person, no helmet, blowing through STOP signs, going the wrong way on a One Way street.

The only time 2 people can legally ride a bicycle designed for one person is if one of the passengers is an infant and in an approved infant carrying device. Some states do allow a cyclist to do an Idaho STOP provided certain conditions exist. No state allows an MB'er to do an Idaho STOP.

Even worse is y'all are filming this irresponsible behavior then posting it on public media. Irresponsible unskilled cycling like this causes many to think all cyclist/MB'er are like those riders.

These guys too, probably think they're just having fun why stop for a STOP sign if nobody is near you; though the MB'er almost got hit when running a STOP sign.

So runningdunning please watch the 3 videos of good cycling skills. Being a good MB'er starts with being a good cyclist first. These skills will greatly reduce the chances of being in an accident.

As for the cyclist and passenger either get 2 bicycles or a tandem bike and all 3 should be wearing helmets.

I agree with you 100% Sidewinder.
Having fun, to me is the whole reason for fooling with these things, but in fairness to others in the hobby, as well as to yourself, you shouldn't do things that may draw attention to bad habits that if done by everyone, would cause chaos and heartache.

Back