I crashed my bike now it only runs on choke or on full throttle

preston1738

Local time
4:26 PM
i was taking a turn too fast and my back tire slipped and i crashed, i’m completely fine because i had a helmet and gloves on. but when i start it, it will only run on choke or on full throttle, when i pull the clutch it will idle if it’s on choke, but if it’s not it will only idle on full throttle or else it dies. but it makes a weird squeaking noise every few seconds while riding on choke, and when i try to start it, i cleaned out the carburetor, and it diddnt do anything, the spark plug is fine too. could it be a broken cylinder, when i try to roll it back and forth if i do it slow enough i don’t really have to try hard so i think it could be a cracked cylinder. anyone had this problem before?

Im glad your ok.

You should check for a clogged jet in the carb. Wrecking a bike can knock some crap around in the bowl. I have had to clean the carb after washing out on my mini bike before. Another thing to check is the clutch adjustment.

Im glad your ok.

You should check for a clogged jet in the carb. Wrecking a bike can knock some crap around in the bowl. I have had to clean the carb after washing out on my mini bike before. Another thing to check is the clutch adjustment.
how would i go about checking the clutch adjustment, i used carb cleaner already and sprayed through the jets and cleaned everything in the carb.

"Only runs when choked or full throttle." What does choked mean? Blocks the air intake so it will pull more fuel in. What does full throttle mean? The fuel circuit in the carb is wide open allowing the most fuel to pass through. So somewhere in between you have a fuel issue. Idle fuel circuit in the carb is blocked. Fuel flow is restricted from the tank to the carb. Fuel cap not venting, kinked fuel line/petcock, filter. Cap is easy to diagnose. Run it with it off to see if it improves. Disconnect fuel line from the carb and let it pour into a container. Is it a drip, or a good flow. If it's good then it's the carb.

Back