i did it guys!

After weeks of frustration and banging my head on the work bench i finally did it! Got my first build under my belt! One major lesson learned, pick a frame with normal size tubing. modifying the mounts to fit the fat tubes on this bike was a major pain in the ass, but damn this thing is fun to ride. Can't wait till i get it broken in to see what it can really do.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 538
It looks great! I like that frame. Love that colour, too. :)
Mounts look ideal. Brakes look decent. Chain looks right, barely lifted by the tensioner so it should roll well. :)
My only concerns would be the muffler needs some support ASAP to take the strain off the studs, and the carb could be a bit more level.

It looks great! I like that frame. Love that colour, too. :)
Mounts look ideal. Brakes look decent. Chain looks right, barely lifted by the tensioner so it should roll well. :)
My only concerns would be the muffler needs some support ASAP to take the strain off the studs, and the carb could be a bit more level.

yeah, i had a hell of a time with the carb. had to get a longer intake, but it was made for the clutch arm side, which wasn't gonna work, so i had to do a little "custom" work on it with a vice, threaded rod, and rubber mallet to get it to sit that level. I could probably give it a litttle more love and straight it out a bit. We also had to do some "custom" work on the muffler, had to pound a pretty good size divot in it to get it to wrap around the bottom tube and not interfere with the pedals. Any ideas on muffler support? Maybe something along the lines of this
0156455_hr4c.jpg
to go around the bottom on the muffler and the frame? With a fabricated top plate to hold it all tight of course.

Any ideas on muffler support?
I just realised I didn't get any photos of mine so I took these just now. I used cable ties with a couple of unused bits of metal from the kit. I think one is for the CDI and the other two might be for the tank or something idk, lol.

_20180404_001729.JPG

The weight is taken by the rear one, which is attached to the end cap bolt and a thick heavy duty cable tie around the frame..
_20180404_000617.JPG

The other two are just intended to dampen out vibrations or something..
_20180404_000635.JPG

_20180404_000654.JPG

No idea how effective any of them are, I just wanted to have something there before there was a chance of damage occurring. Stripped muffler studs are a b!tch to fix especially when you put effort into the porting of the cylinder.

Last edited:
Back