i didnt want to hijack his thread.....

brydonb

Local time
12:02 PM
K Im having wicked problems with the chain rubbing on my frame... I do not understand any of the posts about this situation... I do not have any more room to put the sprocket more to the inside... Did I just get the wrong kinda frame? Im scared that the back of the bike is gonna fall off on me while im riding?

Attachments

• chain rub 1.jpg
    chain rub 1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 274
  • chainrub 2.jpg
    chainrub 2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 223
  • chainrub 3.jpg
    chainrub 3.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 186
  • chainrub 4.jpg
    chainrub 4.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 218
well... it took about 2 months... i didnt really notice it until a week ago... can I weld a piece of metal on the outside of the part of the frame that is being chewed away?

yes.. yes I can lol

Attachments

• new pic 1.jpg
    new pic 1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 199
  • new pic 2.jpg
    new pic 2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 191
  • new pic 3.jpg
    new pic 3.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 195
  • new pic 4.jpg
    new pic 4.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 246
WOW like he said DO NOT RIDE! That frame wont work sorry man .... and no you cant weld it unless know how to weld aluminum tig or spool just get a new bike preferably one that doesn't bow in like that..... aluminum is nice but its no steel maybe you could take that bike apart and take it to the recycle center and get some coin for the aluminum "clean" and go find a sweet bike on craigslist or a garage sale just an idea man.

Thats a shame, it looks like you might have been able to put a bushing on the rear axel that would have moved the frame out enough that it wouldnt rub looks like there is enough thread on both sides.....

ok.... my two cents

yup...this frame is toast!!
I am sure glad you noticed your frame, this way and not at 30 mph!!

on all my builds..... I put both rubber circles inside the spokes. the inside of my sprockets go all the way on the hub...up against the spokes. I have never had a problem, mounting my sprockets this way. this will move your chain in...closer to your wheel, to give you more clearance.

also....if your rear sprocket has off-set teeth....you can flip-flop it for clearance for the stays, or the tire....but alignment to the engine is most important.

and....all my HT's came with narrower front sprockets & use standard, single speed, bicycle chain.

Back