I don’t know what I’m doing I’m sure it’s something small

Local time
8:24 AM
I have a 125 cc Moto madness that was running perfectly until my throttle cable snapped a week ago. I tried replacing the cable but when I start the bike it seems to be revving really really high almost as if it’s about to blow up without even touching the throttle , I loosened the cable and it has around an inch of slack so it’s now slightly loose, I turned down the idle screw about 5/6 screws out and it’s still near enough the same.
I’m sure it must be the way that I re wired the cable ? I have no idea to be honest I’m not good at all when it comes to bikes . Can you help please?

Attachments

• 10E5E71E-473D-4FEE-9F92-83466A07C19F.png
    10E5E71E-473D-4FEE-9F92-83466A07C19F.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
I have a 125 cc Moto madness that was running perfectly until my throttle cable snapped a week ago. I tried replacing the cable but when I start the bike it seems to be revving really really high almost as if it’s about to blow up without even touching the throttle , I loosened the cable and it has around an inch of slack so it’s now slightly loose, I turned down the idle screw about 5/6 screws out and it’s still near enough the same.
I’m sure it must be the way that I re wired the cable ? I have no idea to be honest I’m not good at all when it comes to bikes . Can you help please?
Check that you didn't bend the needle in the center of the carb when the cable broke. A bent needle will let in too much fuel.

check to make sure you put the slide in correctly (ie the tapered side goes towards the idle screw) got any pics of the carborator?

Back