Exhaust I drove it without an exaust pipe for about 4 miles...

Melted what? If something was melted, it wouldn't even turn over......what's that sound? Oh it's just my BS detector going off.....AGAIN!

Is that you brian?

long time...

Sorry guys, its been a long time, I kinda put this to the side during finals in school and other stuff.

Anyways, I fixed the exaust pipe and it went on just fine, then I rode it and it was still messed up. I took a closer look and found out that the lower head gasket had blown. I donk know what type of gasket to use. Can anybody help. Ill include a picture.

-BRIAN

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/fogg4/BIKEMANIA7678.jpg

i have had this problem before you can get paper gasket material at your local auto parts store another option is if your good you can get really thin copper material (ACE hardware or arts and crafts store) and carefully measure and cut gaskets you can use a razor blade for both if it does not match right it will not work also be sure to carefully inspect the head and cylinder for a running seize that is where the bike (i like the style by the way) motor partially seizes but still runs although not very well my buddy had this happen to his pocket rocket

I had a problem when the end cap came off my muffler on the dac's 65cc and lost itself in the bushes forever to be gone. I ordered a muffler from Mike Simpson and rode the bike for 12 days while the parts traveled to my house. It didn't cause anything that I can tell. Running with no back pressure it gained some HP and was realllllllly LOUD but no harm done to the engine. I wish I could find one of those expantion chamber type jobs to go on it. I'm sure the performance would go up along with the sound level. T in WV

Ya running without a gasket is LOUDNESS and may garner complaints from the locals to the authorities which we DO NOT WANT. I bought a sheet of cork auto gasket for 7 bucks. If someone wants a square piece of it along with a template for making a gasket to fit the exhaust send me your address my PM and I'll shoot a piece off to you. (I'm not cutting it out for you, that's a P.I.T.A.)

to sum up,

2 strokes must have the exhaust on, or you will lean out too much and damage the engine, often beyond repair!

4 strokes exhaust pipe not that important but still wouldnt recomend not running without one.

Its all about back pressure, 2 stroke extremely important! 4 stroke not that much

Back