Engine Trouble I found out the most weird thing ever!

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
9:27 PM
Hey I was riding the minarelli awesome bike. I parked it all good and fine. I went to get back on it and it had trouble starting. It sounded like it was either four stroking really bad or had an air leak. At least that's what it sounded like in my experience. And if I floored it, it just sounded like four stroking or no power. What could've happened? Probably need to clean my carbby. I don't think it's an air leak. I'm about ready to slap an nt on it.

I don't know if any of you read the previous posts, but I figured it out using my brain. After a complete carbuerator dissasembly and cleaning, no results. Cleaned reed valves and made sure they werent stuck, no results. Checked for air leaks EVERYWHERE on the bike, no results. At this point I was about to give up bike riding like I did for a while. I found myself motivated to ride it so I could show off some light wheelies at school (I'm making progress but no where near good wheelies). I changed the sparkplug to an NGK B8HS, the plug I was supposed to be using but I didn't have a wrench at the time so I used a z4c. The engine just stopped its little misfire that was almost never an issue, still didn't run. Then I ran and grabbed a new magneto, as I've already had one go out on that engine. No luck. I was almost positive I blew this thing up, but before tearing apart my engine I got one of the weirdest ideas. I ran over to my work in progress "Dirt Bike" with the ld100, ripped off the CDI and threw it on there, and it fired up a little and then the cdi bounced off. It was one of the weird cdi's so I had to take off the spark plug tip but then the cdi boot finally locked on. Needless to say, she ran and ripped. With about 2 days of riding with no issues, even at the highest rpm ranges, I can safely say it was the CDI. Who would've thought???

I don't know if any of you read the previous posts, but I figured it out using my brain. After a complete carbuerator dissasembly and cleaning, no results. Cleaned reed valves and made sure they werent stuck, no results. Checked for air leaks EVERYWHERE on the bike, no results. At this point I was about to give up bike riding like I did for a while. I found myself motivated to ride it so I could show off some light wheelies at school (I'm making progress but no where near good wheelies). I changed the sparkplug to an NGK B8HS, the plug I was supposed to be using but I didn't have a wrench at the time so I used a z4c. The engine just stopped its little misfire that was almost never an issue, still didn't run. Then I ran and grabbed a new magneto, as I've already had one go out on that engine. No luck. I was almost positive I blew this thing up, but before tearing apart my engine I got one of the weirdest ideas. I ran over to my work in progress "Dirt Bike" with the ld100, ripped off the CDI and threw it on there, and it fired up a little and then the cdi bounced off. It was one of the weird cdi's so I had to take off the spark plug tip but then the cdi boot finally locked on. Needless to say, she ran and ripped. With about 2 days of riding with no issues, even at the highest rpm ranges, I can safely say it was the CDI. Who would've thought???

Yep ya always gotta check the obvious first.

90% of my running issues have been carb related due to sitting with ethanol gas. 4 strokes that is.

Try a bigger jet. Go one size bigger. I use a #70...but I'm in south florida... you get less starting issue problems if you don't let you tank go empty. Always keep tank atleast half full. Peacock filters do allow small particle thru it. So use an external fuel filter as well. Also make sure your ngk b6hs spark plug is gapped to .26.
Before replacing magneto or cdi. Use a multimeter to check the ohms. If it reads OL. You need a new one but if you have a reading. Can't remember but it should be good if doesn't say OL

I had a similar problem I removed my muffler cap and it shot out oil and then ran fine after that if that is the problem I would not suggest putting your muffler cap back on

I had a similar problem I removed my muffler cap and it shot out oil and then ran fine after that if that is the problem I would not suggest putting your muffler cap back on
Saw the stock muffler in half. Remove baffle first. You'll see an immediate increase in speed as well as power. As the baffle henders an engine from its tru performance

Back