I give up

Sorry to hear of your continued troubles, but keep in mind it is not hard to believe that many of us have had our bikes for years...Many of us come from a solid mechanical, technical background where keeping these things running is really not much of a problem.

I know that the only time we hear from you though is when things are going badly, never when things are going well with your bikes, or only just beginning to go wrong, but only once its dead as a doornail...many times some major problems could be corrected easily when they are still only a minor annoyance before they turn into disasters...Just saying,.
I am not mechanically inclined that would help but that is why I get on here.

I am not mechanically inclined that would help but that is why I get on here.
That is not a problem, just post a couple pictures and ask questions, we'll get you going. We all like to ride and hate to see anyone down, and there is no stupid question when you don't know how things work. Pay close attention to what is being said, and get a little socket set.

That is not a problem, just post a couple pictures and ask questions, we'll get you going. We all like to ride and hate to see anyone down, and there is no stupid question when you don't know how things work. Pay close attention to what is being said, and get a little socket set.
I hate it when my bike is down, and I hate to see others without their bikes also.

I just put my 3rd Zeda Firestorm together, other 2 have been around a few years with very little issue. Latest one I just rode around all Memorial day weekend for about 80 miles. I never tried one of the $100 Amazon units, I figured the extra $80-$100 was well worth the reliability.

I figured the extra $80-$100 was well worth the reliability.
It definitely counts for something. Two times I have purchased a cheaper engine, and two times they suffered failures from quality issues, even after going through them to make sure all was well.

There is definitely different grades of cheap out there, some good, some bad.

i tried going on a 5 mile ride 10 actually i made it a block away and my engine its like the back wheel skidded for just a sec snapped outta it then few min later it died started up went couple blocks died again and now i get no spark! i tried to change cdi and magneto but like i said iam a s**tty mechanic i also tried a new plug and nothing! i did order me a new engine like my current one a zeda 80 best so far damion recomended it and i was happy with it maybe i shouldnt have went full throttle iam still learning but i do appriciate all your guys feedback without this site i would be screwed

i tried going on a 5 mile ride 10 actually i made it a block away and my engine its like the back wheel skidded for just a sec snapped outta it then few min later it died started up went couple blocks died again and now i get no spark! i tried to change cdi and magneto but like i said iam a s**tty mechanic i also tried a new plug and nothing! i did order me a new engine like my current one a zeda 80 best so far damion recomended it and i was happy with it maybe i shouldnt have went full throttle iam still learning but i do appriciate all your guys feedback without this site i would be screwed
If ya got some friends that are mechanically inclined ya might see if they would help ya figure things out

Definitely no full throttle until it's fully broken in. If you get another engine/bike, let these guys critique your assembly with photo's, we can spot stuff before a disaster happens. Best of all, be patient (I know it's hard when you want to zoom down the street on a new bike), but it's worth it to have a reliable machine that is useful for a few years.

Back