I got electrocuted by the kill switch and other questions

Ok, I've been reading this thread and agreeing with everything said up until I read azkronic's post. I didn't realize the problem was so serious.

If the kill switch is really paralyzing people for up to 15seconds, then vendors really should make more effort to explain the importance of a clean circuit. In the wrong circumstances, 15s paralysis is extremely dangerous. Another sobering thought: I'm no expert on electrocution, but the ground path goes near the heart, it could cause a life-ending electrocution (though i'm much more worried about the 15s of paralysis.)

I must say that my hands were pretty sweaty...
(I live in the desert, my hands are always sweaty LOL:D)
it definitely felt like more than 12v tho :eek:,
I have gotten 12v shocks before :rolleyes:

No, I'm not.

I know that if someone paralyzed me for 15s on my bike, I'd be ****ed. Though, I never read the instructions, hehee, don't you think they should mention something like, "make sure there's a good connection for your switch."

I wasn't actually paralyzed ,I was just kinda froze for a bit...
it was a pretty good zap :rolleyes:
it was not that big a deal, I was just relating MY version for his thread

...sorry for romping all over your thread :eek:
we now return this thread to Kncool :cool:

if you use rubber on your mounts like i did and also used asbestos where the muffler meets the frame ,then its wise to have a ground strap on the motor to the frame ,,also with so much vibration and greases packed fork ,,it is a possible that the handle bars may not be a perfect ground ,,and i would not want to think by pressing the kill switch that somehow the current could ground back to the carb through the throttle cable ,, that could burn the a,,,,,,,,,out of your pants ,, so for safety sake i ran a copper wire to the handle bars not only for kill switch but also for generator light ,,why take a chance when apiece of wire is worth 10 cents ,,,,,,,it would not be a good thing for the mb community if the headlines read ,
"" MAN GETS ELECTROCUTED BY A 49CC BICYCLE ""
japat

Yes there's really no clear cut instruction (I did searching and went on dax's site before this), and since most people believe what they think grounded means they might put it off as something not serious. Well Im gonna go find a new killswitch like azkronic did =D. Also cam battery is dead now, I'll post some pictures up later of my new transportation mode.

The kill switch that came with my kit didn't work either. I just got a 2 position swich and put it on. No biggie. The kill switch is important for the stealth mode approach to home too late at night.

Is the shock as intense as say holding the plug wire and plug? That makes for a painful shock as I remember.

The kill switch is not 6v or 12v, but is in fact grounding the ignition, so it is exactly like grabbing the spark plug- more like a few thousand volts (10,000, 20,000, 30,000 give or take)...but very, very little current. It will certainly startle you and may very well cause confusion for a long enough time to be dangerous, but it will not physiologically paralyze you. The results could be the same, however.

Back