Clutch i HATE changing out the happy-time clutch cable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gone_fishin

for some repairs or upgrades, it's easier to take the engine off the frame, or it would be, or it could be, or it should be...

you see, you just got to the part about completely removing the clutch cable...don't ya wish you could just let the whole assembly dangle on the cable?

well, a coupla minutes of pre-install work & you can...hacksaw, small file...no more trying to get a badly frayed cable back thru the fittings, no more cussing at the lil brass lock & no more trying to find it when it shoots across the driveway. from now on, all my happy-time's will get this mod before install:

Attachments

• MVC-567F.JPG
    MVC-567F.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 931
I don't get how this works (please post install photos), but the little brass fitting /is/ a problem :)

here's a pic of a mock-up to show how easy it makes things, remember this can only be done by taking the cable completely off one last time. do it to all new happy-times before install, you'll be glad you did:

Attachments

• MVC-568F.JPG
    MVC-568F.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 863
The second picture is a huge help. I was beyond confused up til then. Thanks for the post it is a fantastic idea! :)

this is the first time i've swapped out engines since "inventing" this...it works great!

Attachments

• MVC-646F.JPG
    MVC-646F.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 698
Thanks!

even without the frayed cable having to rethread the thing is a pain in the butt!

Another little bonus I discovered after losing the brass screw, is to use a electrical wire lug. The same as you would see in a breaker panel where you hook up the wires only you can buy them seperately at the electronics shop or harware store.
A lot easier to work with then that little dinky brass screw. They also dont strip out.
FYI
Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back