i have a few questions

H

Herrmanator8

i have a few questions. am i supposed to ride on the shoulder? because i normally do. sometimes if there is no shoulder, i gun it at about 30 or so and pull over at the nearest driveway to let the cars pass, (so that they can go 60 in a 40mph zone :? ) my sprocket is completely off center, its fun to watch it wabble at 20 mph :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: jk. my rear wheel is completely off center, every rotation, half of the tire rubs on the swingarm thingy and makes a funny buzz sound, it kinda acts as a natural brake. i dont run my bike with an exhaust gasket because i blew up all my gasket on there...but i shure can rely on the engine with a ghetto rigged air filter loaded with 3 in 1 oil. i cant complain, the thing starts every time. i have a generator on my back wheel, but i blew two bulbs cruisin 20 down the road, but the rear light just gets brighter :? so i riggedd the engine power wire to the headlight and it works fine. :D

idont get it, my clutch slips at top throttle,and over revs, which makes it so i cant got 40 :cry: i can top 32 mph right now but i wana be able to go 40 at 4/5 throttle, therefore i need to get a 32t sprocket.

thanks for allowing me to waste those precious few minutes of your life.

jon

i like the fact that i have 12 views and still not a reply......................(sarcastically speaking)

please someone, im going for a 40-50 mile ride tomorrow and id like to know what i can and cant do on the road.

thanks, jon

I follow the rules of the road
where there is a bike lane, I take it
otherwise I take the curb lane, and even tho the law says i am entitled to the whole lane, I keep to the right side when there's traffic
I use hand signals, and obey lights
I rode mountain bikes as transportation in a big city (Toronto) and small towns for years, and do exactly the same now (only now, I don't pedal as much :D )

as for the bike questions, these bikes are subject to more speed and vibrations than they were designed for, so the bike itself should be in tip-top shape

i can tell your right now...it is the worst thing ive ever ridden. its a death machine. im so frustrated because i cant align the tire, it rubs on the rim and has already worn off all the treds on the left side :censored: theyre brand new!
im was thinkin about bringing it to a bike shop and givin the guy 50 bucks and say "aling that tire! and make shure it doesnt move for the rest of its life!" thats when i realized that i wasnt gonna dump any more money int the stupid thing. i rode it downtown today, a 10 mile trip and 4 miles into the trip i had to stop and fix my clutch, i realized then that a few nuts were loose on the chain cover clutch rod thingy...i tightened them and it was all better. 2 miles down the road...i pulled over to lets 4 cars pass me. thats when i realized my my tire was under alot of pressure pushing against the rim. so i took the bolts apart and what not and after a half an hour of swearing and kickin the stupid thing. i got it to go and gunned at about 32mph the whole way and got to my moms work. thats when the tire mis aligned itself again. im done screwin around with the thing. im getting to the point to where im gonna sell the piece of junk... :censored: :censored:
in a few hours im gonna have to have it fixed and do the whole thing over again...this whole project really fries my "butt". im gonna sell it and start my next project. (confidential,youll all see when its done :devilish: )

jon

sorry to hear about your problems Jon :(
if your bike has straight dropouts, you can use bmx chain tensioners to align back wheel

Sorry to hear about your troubles Jon,
But please bear in mind these beasties require a LOT of maintenance, both preventative (as in a religously zealous pre-ride, and post-ride check of all components, and tightening, aligning, lubing, etc.), and on the fly. That's just the way it is. These machines are not like a motorbike where you can just gas it up and go.
As for your rear wheel; is it that the wheel is not true (spoke tensions allowing the rim hoop itself to be out of alighnment), or is it that the rear hub locknuts are coming loose and allowing the rear wheel assembly to shift within the stays?
I'm sure we can help, but let's get the issues down from generalities to specifics and go from there...

azkronic said:
I follow the rules of the road
where there is a bike lane, I take it
otherwise I take the curb lane, and even tho the law says i am entitled to the whole lane, I keep to the right side when there's traffic
I use hand signals, and obey lights
I rode mountain bikes as transportation in a big city (Toronto) and small towns for years, and do exactly the same now (only now, I don't pedal as much :D )

as for the bike questions, these bikes are subject to more speed and vibrations than they were designed for, so the bike itself should be in tip-top shape

azkronix, this is a right-on post. I do the same thing. I try to use the hand signals, but sometimes it's hard when I'm rolling up to a stop and trying to scrub speed off with both breaks while dealing with bumps.

Herrmanator8 said:
i can tell your right now...it is the worst thing ive ever ridden. its a death machine. im so frustrated because i cant align the tire, it rubs on the rim and has already worn off all the treds on the left side :censored: theyre brand new!
im was thinkin about bringing it to a bike shop and givin the guy 50 bucks and say "aling that tire! and make shure it doesnt move for the rest of its life!" thats when i realized that i wasnt gonna dump any more money int the stupid thing. i rode it downtown today, a 10 mile trip and 4 miles into the trip i had to stop and fix my clutch, i realized then that a few nuts were loose on the chain cover clutch rod thingy...i tightened them and it was all better. 2 miles down the road...i pulled over to lets 4 cars pass me. thats when i realized my my tire was under alot of pressure pushing against the rim. so i took the bolts apart and what not and after a half an hour of swearing and kickin the stupid thing. i got it to go and gunned at about 32mph the whole way and got to my moms work. thats when the tire mis aligned itself again. im done screwin around with the thing. im getting to the point to where im gonna sell the piece of junk... :censored: :censored:
in a few hours im gonna have to have it fixed and do the whole thing over again...this whole project really fries my "butt". im gonna sell it and start my next project. (confidential,youll all see when its done :devilish: )

jon

locoWelder said:
I for one love the little motors out of China, and understand that I'm going to have to maintain them with alot of tlc,time and bloody hands but the outcome if worth it to me .
if you wont care for them the way you need to then dont bash them!

uncle_punk13 said:
But please bear in mind these beasties require a LOT of maintenance, both preventative (as in a religously zealous pre-ride, and post-ride check of all components, and tightening, aligning, lubing, etc.), and on the fly. That's just the way it is. These machines are not like a motorbike where you can just gas it up and go.........
I'm sure we can help, but let's get the issues down from generalities to specifics and go from there...

srdavo said:
& you'll always have to put a wrench on it once in a while.
I try to check all the nuts and bolts on a new build after every ride. It's a good habit. If I go for a long ride, I'll take a break in the shade and check things out during my trip.
You will find after a while, fewer & fewer things will be loose. But you still gotta check.

Jon,
It gets better.....trust us!!

for the first 2 frustrating weeks i had to walk away for a day or 2 at a time, but now all is good.

Back