I have a ghost

Josh_wilcoxx

Local time
9:01 AM
alright so. Went to go on a night ride, noticed my bike is difficult to start, but eventually starts and runs at full power. Get to where I was heading, shut the bike off and take some photos, then it won't start again. Try cranking it for 10-15 mins, nothing. Tried a couple various things, (Killswitch, new plug, checked wiring, etc) and still nothing. Eventually, bike randomly starts again, runs for 5 mins at full power, then same thing happens, dies and won't start. I'm currently waiting on a ride back home. Does anyone know the cause of this issue? It was running great this morning and when it was running it ran amazing. I'm boggled right now.

Does anyone know the cause of this issue?
Tough to tell but sounds like a fuel obstruction issue to me...Where it runs for a limited amount of time and then spases out and dies...When was the last time you checked the gas tanks internal petcock mesh fuel filter for clogging obstructions???

Tough to tell but sounds like a fuel obstruction issue to me...Where it runs for a limited amount of time and then spases out and dies...When was the last time you checked the gas tanks internal petcock mesh fuel filter for clogging obstructions???
When I got the engine on. Engine and tank only got about 130 miles on them. Carb was cleaned at the time too.

When I got the engine on. Engine and tank only got about 130 miles on them. Carb was cleaned at the time too.
Unless looked at before filling, many of these CG tanks have internal rust and crap right out of the box...ive seen it myself...that could be a good reason to look see...DAMIEN

Unless looked at before filling, many of these CG tanks have internal rust and crap right out of the box...ive seen it myself...that could be a good reason to look see...DAMIEN
It was spark as I was kinda assuming.. replaced cdi and magneto and it works great now

Back