I have a minarelli hybrid ?

One friend didn't believe how fast the thing was, he had a Honda 350 four. My brother told him to make it fair they would race two blocks and he would spot the Honda one block, he flew by the Honda with about 40 feet to go.

They were amazing bikes... And very mildly tuned in stock configuration. Pork-chop flywheels not full circle, leaving a rather large unstuffed volume in the crankcase, small carbs, etc. Enough bottom-end power to stand the bike up vertical, with a throttle roll-on at 2000rpm (which left me on the ground on my butt)... Monsters

What rear sproket are u running? Maybe going to a smaller cog at the rear wheel will smooth out the power delivery as well as the added bonus of more top end speed.

What rear sproket are u running? Maybe going to a smaller cog at the rear wheel will smooth out the power delivery as well as the added bonus of more top end speed.
Well just think about it - say if it wasn't a Minarelli and it's just a torque-challenged plain-jane stocker we're talking about, then the engine-slaving effect of going to a smaller rear cog as a trade-off for more top-end may not be very desirable....however, as luck has it - we just happen to be talking about an overkill of a Minarelli with so much excess torque for your riding style (that is what it sounds like by your description) we can indeed use a normally-undesirable concept of sticking a smaller cog at the back and use it to your advantage to help tone down the super response as well as getting more top end if need be.... double bonus...

I think a smaller rear cog is your solution ! I'd say try something like a 27 or 28 tooth. Perhaps even going from a 10 to a 11 at the engine....the torque's there to do it so why not? Just make sure your clutch is up to it.
Damn I'm good ! ;)

Well just think about it - say if it wasn't a Minarelli and it's just a torque-challenged plain-jane stocker we're talking about, then the engine-slaving effect of going to a smaller rear cog as a trade-off for more top-end may not be very desirable....however, as luck has it - we just happen to be talking about an overkill of a Minarelli with so much excess torque for your riding style (that is what it sounds like by your description) we can indeed use a normally-undesirable concept of sticking a smaller cog at the back and use it to your advantage to help tone down the super response as well as getting more top end if need be.... double bonus...

I think a smaller rear cog is your solution ! I'd say try something like a 27 or 28 tooth. Perhaps even going from a 10 to a 11 at the engine....the torque's there to do it so why not? Just make sure your clutch is up to it.
F**k I'm good ! ;)
Nailed it. Lol

F**k I'm good ! ;)
One of the biggest draw backs of the Minarelli setup is that they do not respond well to being loaded up and need to unload past 6k before making any real power, because of this most people are using 40t gear out back and smaller wheels and the speed comes with rpm being much higher (12-14k), Also take note that in the posters replies he said he got it figured out as there was something in his carb.

Back