I have a question about trimming the fins...

Wyatt. A.

Local time
1:01 PM
What would happen if you grind down on the corners of the cylinder fins to make it more round. Would you get over heating problems the more you take off?

Darn. I wish there was a company that replicated the old antique motors...
A spare jug and piston will only cost you $30 as an experiment and see how hot it really does get.

You could put a cover over each side, leave the front and rear open to direct air flow.

We should all work together to figure out how to make a cylinder that looks like the older ones. you just need to make a model and cast it. Doing the chromium inner cylinder would be interesting to figure out...Someone on here has to have experience with stuff like that....

Could you modify a yd 100?

A spare jug and piston will only cost you $30 as an experiment and see how hot it really does get.

You could put a cover over each side, leave the front and rear open to direct air flow.
I might actually try to do that...Maybe if I trim the corners a little to make it less square...

I might actually try to do that...Maybe if I trim the corners a little to make it less square...
The ones I have are slightly rounded off, you only have to bend the metal a little bit and wire it straight through a couple of the fins.
I think a piece of galvanized you make it look vintage and hide some of the casting marks. Aluminum will work, but it looks smooth. Hit up your local HVAC guy, he probably has a ton of cut offs kicking around. You only need two 6 X 6 squares.

Back