I have an idea!

GreenMantis

Local time
8:51 AM
The start of it is that I am going to glue some thin slices of copper sheet to my handlebar grips, and wire those to this monster 12v HV transformer coil I bought just because it was the biggest one I could find, and just to mess around with it. It's like a stun gun, but several times more powerful. It's enough to make someone soil themselves. The last time I screwed around with it, it toasted my TFT LCD monitor from 5 feet away. It shuts off mobile phones at that range, too, though it hasn't actually fried one of those, yet (fortunately). It will easily jump a 2" spark gap, almost 3". The next part of that is the $10 ebay alarm system. Those use 12v sirens, not speakers, so I can connect it to the siren. Alternately, I have a 12v wireless universal board coming soon. I already have 5, 6v units, and they are programmable, I can use all of them on the same 4 button key fob I have. I use those to fire my home made for welding practice (with my home made arc welder, too, even!) black powder, muzzle loading cannon. That being said, I like to be far away from it, and behind cover when I fire that thing, I expect to blow it up, eventually, since I keep putting more and more powder in it. I make black powder myself, and there is an art to that, it takes a lot of practice. That being said, I'm only legally allowed to have 5 pounds of it, so I need to use it if I'm ever going to master that art. .45 cap and ball revolvers just aren't going to cut it.

Did you know that a one pound lead ball is just .01" smaller than a regulation golf ball? Perfect, so a "golf ball" cannon is, in fact, also a one pounder, or one bore, or if you fill it with loose shot, a one gauge punt gun!
One of the things on my bucket list is to break the sound barrier with a golf ball. And if I can make a one pound lead ball go 1000 feet per second, it will have over 15,000 foot pounds of muzzle energy! Yeah, baby, it only takes 4000 to stop a charging elephant dead in it's tracks!

Last edited:
I feel like much of this is illegal. That being said, there's a hilarious video going around of a guy with a roman candle cannon on his bike. Do what you must, I won't question it, but i expect pictures

Reminds me of the bait bike pranks on twinztv on youtube. They have a taser bike, airbag in the seat bike and a bike tied to a 50 foot cable at the top of a hill (my favorite).

Reminds me of the bait bike pranks on twinztv on youtube. They have a taser bike, airbag in the seat bike and a bike tied to a 50 foot cable at the top of a hill (my favorite).
I love those guys. The videos where they cut the brakes and cut a failing point into the bike are my favorite

The only part that almost sounds illegal is the miniature cannon on a bike, however he made no mention of using it to harm anyone so it's about as legal as something between fireworks and large shotguns would be in his state. I can imagine a few where it's really rather legal as long as there's a good safety mechanism preventing detonation until it's safe to do so.

Those disposable cameras keep a good 10k or so volts in a capacitor for the flash, can be charged with the on board circuitry by 1.5v lol... So a single cap left a nice burn mark in my palm, I wonder what 3 or 4 in parallel might feel like across 2 handlebars..

The only part that almost sounds illegal is the miniature cannon on a bike, however he made no mention of using it to harm anyone so it's about as legal as something between fireworks and large shotguns would be in his state. I can imagine a few where it's really rather legal as long as there's a good safety mechanism preventing detonation until it's safe to do so.

Those disposable cameras keep a good 10k or so volts in a capacitor for the flash, can be charged with the on board circuitry by 1.5v lol... So a single cap left a nice burn mark in my palm, I wonder what 3 or 4 in parallel might feel like across 2 handlebars..
Well that would send the shock across the front of the chest, making it a deadly, premeditated, boobie trap.

Back