I have had it with crappy times...

Usually where the clutch is theres a cover plate on that side of the motor and that gasket could be leaking. Just power wash it clean then eyeball it carefully over a day or so youll see where its coming from. Youll need to run it though.

dream on...we've tried it all, and we've all replaced happy-time electrics. it may not get wet, but if it gets any moisture, odds are you'll be clicking "buy it now" for another magneto.

the golden eagle system will handle your weight, providing yer not looking for a vehicle that'll pull from a dead-stop. many engine & gearing options.

Would it not be better to get a Golden Eagle or Staton with a Honda, Robin or Mitsubishi and be done with it? Ride it anytime anywhere and you know you will get there and back. If you wanna do something custom. Just get a Staton gearbox and go from there.

Do NOT power wash your happytime!!
unless you just want to buy a new magnito!!

Ahhhh, yes... I foolishly know this all too well!!! I still like to take my MB to the carwash, but I steer VERY clear of the HT and would rather use the good ol' rag method to clean that! :D

Last edited:
Well it finally happened..... Some oil must have made its way to the clutch. The clutch is slipping so bad that i can't start it. The nut is on tight as I can get it, so I know that is not the problem. The good news is that I have a spare clutch. The bad news is that I have no idea where I can get a replacement crank seal (assuming that's the problem)

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE!

I managed to get the bike started after it sat overnight. I rode up to the store (clutch slipping like crazy). I bought a can of brake cleaner, and a 12 pack of beer :D I removed the clutch cover, and sprayed everything. I pulled the clutch lever in, and sprayed it in the crack between the clutch plates. I watched all the crapp flush out. I let it sit about a half out. I just got back from a ride. IT was slipping a little at first, but after the engine warmed up and dried up all the brake cleaner, It is now working perfect! I been riding it around with no clutch cover (being extra careful not to bump my leg up against the fast spinning sprockets!) and looking for leaks. Don't see anything yet. Hopefully I will figure out which seal is bad real soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
good for you.

there are only seals on the crankshaft bearings.....not behind the clutch or sprocket.

my seal has 14.8 X 27 X 7.5 on it.

check your seal numbers to be sure.

Attachments

• 100_1966.JPG
    100_1966.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 100_1955.JPG
    100_1955.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 163
Back