I have just pulled the trigger for the newest Phantom 85 V-3

I just went ahead and ordered the newest Phantom 85 V-3 from bicycle-engines.com, since they have just received a brand new inventory shipment of them from the manufacturer....Until the 15th of the month, there is free shipping on the P-85 V-3

Needless to say, I am taking advantage of the free shipping while it's the deal being offered this month...lol...And don't forget they have a six month warranty on their motor kits.

My intention is to have the V-2 and the V-3 so I can simply swap motors back and forth as needed in case I have to do any R & R work on either/or as well as eventually convert the V-2 to the V-3 piston and cylinder down the road if I see a benefit to doing so.

I will of course keep everyone informed of my progress with this new one as to how everything goes for me down the road.

I just did the same myself. Mine will be arriving Tuesday the 14th. I'm going to make a vlog of the build. I'm really excited to get the engine. From what I have read those engines have a good amount of power compared to everything else out.

I already have a few new ngk b6hs plugs and I purchased some gaskets for the intake and exhaust along with the engine. I have seen that the clutch pads are junk that come with the p85 so I'll just follow the link I have read in one of these threads to buy replacement ones.

I know many here aren’t fans of Smolik Performance but they have made a strong effort to change business policy and become a dependable vendor of performance parts for motorized bicycles.

They tested a new clutch at the recent SoCal races and production is in place to release a 3 plate disc dry clutch in July.

It’s a bit pricey but it’s supposed to be able to handle a load from modified engines with no slip. So if it works as described this clutch should handle phantom torque easily with no slip.

The description states it’ll bolt right up and use the stock CG clutch internals. It’s about 1.5” taller than a standard clutch.

Attachments

• IMG_6364.jpg
    IMG_6364.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 17
I know many here aren’t fans of Smolik Performance but they have made a strong effort to change business policy and become a dependable vendor of performance parts for motorized bicycles.

They tested a new clutch at the recent SoCal races and production is in place to release a 3 plate disc dry clutch in July.

It’s a bit pricey but it’s supposed to be able to handle a load from modified engines with no slip. So if it works as described this clutch should handle phantom torque easily with no slip.

The description states it’ll bolt right up and use the stock CG clutch internals. It’s about 1.5” taller than a standard clutch.
It doesn't matter how friendly you think a snake 🐍 is; you always have to use caution when handling it.

Smolik :poop::poop::poop: upon many a forum member as well as all over the forum itself, they have no ethics whatsoever and I for one will never give them another chance, they blew through too many I gave them, I did give them many chances to rectify the problems they caused to our forum and to our members...They never even tried to rectify anything.

Ps...Smolik recently :poop::poop::poop: all over @ImpulseRocket Facebook forum for Phantom 85s as well, he also had to expell them from there too.

Well..ok…didn’t know these things.
Don’t know them.. I just see they do ship what you order now in a reasonable time.. unless it’s a pre-manufacturing order.

There’s more to a business than just good sales. Diplomacy is worth a lot.
Businesses can sometimes put an intangible asset on their books labeled Goodwill. This asset is earned from good business practices. If you dog people I doubt that line item asset ever hits a balance sheet.

Well..ok…didn’t know these things.
Don’t know them.. I just see they do ship what you order now in a reasonable time.. unless it’s a pre-manufacturing order.

There’s more to a business than just good sales. Diplomacy is worth a lot.
Businesses can sometimes put an intangible asset on their books labeled Goodwill. This asset is earned from good business practices. If you dog people I doubt that line item asset ever hits a balance sheet.
Here,,,Have a look-see for yourself about these guys...Take a look and read all of the links and then you will know.

I’m not here to defend anyone. That said.. I read on FB but have never posted to any group ever. The only trail I’ve ever left anywhere on FB is a 👍.
As I’ve stated earlier.. I do not know Smolik except for buying parts. The things I’ve purchased always came within a week or so. They have always been courtesy to me.
Smolik has responded to my inquiries on his site messaging every time in a few hours. I ask if a part is in stock before I buy it.

I don’t know much about the RDM and Smolik association but I do know their businesses are separate.

I will buy from Smolik but not RDM. I only know what I have read about both and am aware of the year long ship times. Those year long ship times were from RDM.

I also would advise buyer beware and make your own choice as whether to use their shop.
I buy from them because until recently they were the only manufacturer of some the items I wanted and the quality of the items is top shelf IMO.

If they’re being turds and 💩💩💩 on people online because differences in opinion, whether right or wrong, shame on them. There’s ways of being courteous and diplomatic with others they may disagree with.
A lot of things are better off left unsaid. I’m debating whether I should have posted about the clutch in the first place.

Back