I have just pulled the trigger for the newest Phantom 85 V-3

I know my fat lard butt could probably envelope two Harley's at the same time but it's not my intention to build a whole separate bike at this time...lol...lol.

Engine swaps back and forth is good enough for me...lol.
I have 2 nearly identical engines to do the same… a swap if necessary.

You will have minimal down time with 2 engines if a problem ever occurs.

Never hurts to have a spare motor. Are you going to go through this one as a side project to tinker with?
I'm going to build it and immediately start breaking it in and use it...I want to see if I will be able to perceive any differences between the V-2 and V-3 in real world usage once it is totally broken in and hoping for no failures in between, since I will now have both versions so I can make a fair and honest comparison which will also determine if I will upgrade the V-2 to a V-3 cylinder/piston etc.

I'm going to build it and immediately start breaking it in and use it...I want to see if I will be able to perceive any differences between the V-2 and V-3 in real world usage once it is totally broken in and hoping for no failures in between, since I will now have both versions so I can make a fair and honest comparison which will also determine if I will upgrade the V-2 to a V-3 cylinder/piston etc.
Oh, cool. I have been curious about that myself so I will be interested to hear it from a person that I actually know I can trust their opinion.
Is your V2 still running?
Yes, for both of us I believe.

Never hurts to have a spare motor. Are you going to go through this one as a side project to tinker with?
This also reminds me Rocket, do you have a link or links to where I can order those 12mm wrist pin C clips that I like to use on these rather than using the crappy ones that come with it...The type with the tang on each side that I can just use my needle nose pliers for easy in, easy out, replacing???

I got mine a year and a half ago from a equipment rental firm the last time but I would like to be able to order enough to have on hand as I am going to help a buddy of mine from church to build his first one in the near future and since I know they work perfectly, I want some more...lol.

This also reminds me Rocket, do you have a link or links to where I can order those 12mm wrist pin C clips that I like to use on these rather than using the crappy ones that come with it...The type with the tang on each side that I can just use my needle nose pliers for easy in, easy out, replacing???

I got mine a year and a half ago from a equipment rental firm the last time but I would like to be able to order enough to have on hand as I am going to help a buddy of mine from church to build his first one in the near future and since I know they work perfectly, I want some more...lol.

Back