I have spark, fuel, and compression. But it won't start.

Here's what I'll do next, I'm going to solder my wires to try for better connection, if it doesn't help, I'll grab a new head gasket, does that sound about right?

Ok, I took the head off, and my gasket Is wet with fuel, so, this means the head gasket went right?

Mine was doing the exact same thing. Do what you can to clean up the surfaces between the head and cylinder. (Sand with 400 grit on a piece of glass) Clean the gasket (or try a new one) and torque it down and try it. I ended up ordering a supply of head gaskets, because they're pretty frail. If you still see oil oozing from the head/cylinder joint, it's not going to run.

If this is a double post, I apologize. You're on the right track- clean up the surfaces between the head and cylinder, new gasket seals the deal!

Right on AGB use the finE Sandpaper and gently sand your head.
Careful not to take too much of and put your sandpaper on a piece of glass something very very flat tape the Sandpaper down so it doesn't move go in circular motions

Generally I plane the head just enough to make it perfectly flat, and then the cylinder, which I can deck if I want, or just leave almost stock by cutting just enough to know the seal will be good. Toss a copper headgasket on it and get on with the happy time bull-s**t.

The oil 'wetness' may or may not be a head leak, it can be a leaky tank or a leaky exhaust or a leaky gas can used without a funnel...

All bets are off ladies and gentlemen. Happy time hell is here to stay.

Back