I have the 2 stroke "skyhawk" and the bucking bar/camshaft wear down in a matter of couple hours. Can i attach some kind of "Belt drive" to a 2 stroke

Deliveryfoot

Local time
11:48 AM
I'm done f***ing with these bucking bars and camshafts. They wear down by the end of the day of riding. I've replaced them 3 times. in 1 week alone. But since 2 strokes don't have pull starts, how would a centrifugal clutch or belt drive work? And i suppose i'd also need an extended pedal to clear the new clutch system. And yes, i've adjusted the flower nut to as loose as i possibly can.

Nobody ever says what this "Grease" is supposed to be. So i bought the only thing avalible: "Shell ROTELLA HD Premium heavy duty grease". In addition to that factory glob, i've been cleaning it every day and re-adding. I even starting slathering it up and down in grease and nothing helps.

But i'm looking to just slap on a new clutch system entirely as this point.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Though im Canadian, i can only hope the value is worth it on these with the increased shipping costs. Thanks for the advice. I'm surprised at the quality and quantity of the answers here.
Another BC guy here. Do you have a picture of the damaged part? Maybe there is an easy fix.

I wonder why so much friction with the ball and bar. If it's greased proper it should barely wear even the Chinese parts. More likely to shear the moon keys or have a failure in the cylinder. For belt drive you'd still need the manual clutch pieces to engage and disengage. I'm sure it will chooch if you get out the schmoo as AVE says. There are belt drive kits but it only goes from output shaft to rear wheel. Some of the 49cc 4 strokes have a belt transmission with automatic clutch I have one on mine. There is a crappy auto clutch for 66cc motors but I haven't heard much about it. The pull starts seem to be problematic as well.

I'd also like to see pictures of the damaged bits. Never had any issues with mine. Make sure there is a bit of slack in clutch cable when the lever is released so there is no pressure on the system when you are not pulling the clutch.

Back