Chains I keep breaking drive chains on my 2023 Phatmoto!

Always push your bike forward.
Thanks, but why?
He's joking of course...Canadian humour...lol...I always find that I have to back my bike out of tight spaces, like backing it up in my parlor before I can then go forward to get it out my front door, or out of a special parking space created for my bike at my church front porch and overhang...lol.

I always put the master link clip on with the closed end toward the chain's rotation
And that of course is the correct way of clipping it together...Continue to do it this way...lol.

He's joking of course...Canadian humour...lol...I always find that I have to back my bike out of tight spaces, like backing it up in my parlor before I can then go forward to get it out my front door, or out of a special parking space created for my bike at my church front porch and overhang...lol.

And that of course is the correct way of clipping it together...Continue to do it this way...lol.
Ahhh, the "parlor," this is the perfect way of dating one's age 😆

Ahhh, the "parlor," this is the perfect way of dating one's age 😆
You're being a young "Whipper Snapper" again I see...lol.

Always remember one of my wise old sayings...lol.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill at all times"...lol...lol.
Ps...I have lived long enough now that I have practiced and elevated this expression into an art form...lol.

I have the same bike. If it's the big chain going from jackshaft to the wheel try ordering a 415H H= heavy duty. It's definitely bulkier. It's a great bike and motor. I would suggest getting a Hilliard heavy duty clutch for that setup. You'll burn through cheaper ones and the one from the factory has been prone catastrophic failures. I can give you more tips if you need. I went with a slightly smaller back sprocket to gain some speed. Also defeat the governor with a paper clip.
If you need help on that I have the same thing mine is a 2018.
I guess you didn't read the entire thread...He already had the problem solved...here is his post below on solving the problem...lol.

I have a phatmoto as well, my issue is, the chain that connects the clutch to the jack shaft keeps coming off. So I put a chain tensioner on it, I rode it a mile down the street, made a right turn to come back, the minute there acceleration on the chain, it comes off. Would a regular bike chain be compatible with the clutch and jack shaft connections?

I have a phatmoto as well, my issue is, the chain that connects the clutch to the jack shaft keeps coming off. So I put a chain tensioner on it, I rode it a mile down the street, made a right turn to come back, the minute there acceleration on the chain, it comes off. Would a regular bike chain be compatible with the clutch and jack shaft connections?
Picture?

Are you talking the #35 chain on the engine? you should never need a tensioner there.

There is wiggle room on the mounts so be sure the chain is perfectly aligned.

Back