I live on the central coast of California if anyone is interested in going for a ride.

Ok yeah.
Lopez would be nice. Then you have the backroads to San Luis.

That's one of my routes beautiful country
When I explore I don't look at a map or GPS I just go, and I found the back way to San Luis on one of my trips to Lake Lopes
I was gonna show a pic at Lake Lopez but I can't find em But here's my bike at Avala harbor pier
I love that area
100_1338.JPG

Awesome. Thats the way to do it. I could probably show you some back roads...
Old port is cool, I grew up in Shell Beach.
Nice picture. When did you go there?

Awesome. Thats the way to do it. I could probably show you some back roads...
Old port is cool, I grew up in Shell Beach.
Nice picture. When did you go there?
Feel right at home, pic from Shell Beach

100_1359.JPG

We been going up there a couple times a year since 2006 RVing staying at Pismo Village RV camp

100_4129.JPG

It was awesome watching the wales feeding on smelt right next to Avala Pier
View attachment 187761
What kind of birds are the ones in the air? I see a brown pelican in the water. We have very few brown pelicans in the south but white pelicans are plentiful here. Prior to 20 years ago +/- …..no pelicans here except in photos. Somewhere along the line they made a huge comeback. White pelicans and white sea gulls are everywhere....even in Walmarts parking lot.
The Bald Eagle has rebounded too. I now see them frequently whereas when I was a kid I had never seen one live.

What makes my pics unusual is the photos were taken on my street in a residential neighborhood.
At one time…no Bald Eagles in this area. It’s a fairly common sight now.
I’ve seen construction sites get shut down from Bald Eagles nesting in a tree that was located on the construction site. 🚧 Conservation of this bird is serious.

Attachments

• B176F3B7-490B-4CBE-8E5D-5830272BB870.jpeg
    B176F3B7-490B-4CBE-8E5D-5830272BB870.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 8A993DE1-9B48-45A7-B3D3-318A55CFD45D.jpeg
    8A993DE1-9B48-45A7-B3D3-318A55CFD45D.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 79
What kind of birds are the ones in the air? I see a brown pelican in the water. We have very few brown pelicans in the south but white pelicans are plentiful here. Prior to 20 years ago +/- …..no pelicans here except in photos. Somewhere along the line they made a huge comeback. White pelicans and white sea gulls are everywhere....even in Walmarts parking lot.
The Bald Eagle has rebounded too. I now see them frequently whereas when I was a kid I had never seen one live.

What makes my pics unusual is the photos were taken on my street in a residential neighborhood.
I’ve seen construction sites get shut down from Bald Eagles nesting in a tree that was located on the construction site. 🚧 Conservation of this bird is serious.
I`ve seen what looked like a Red Kite here at my house, I dont think it`s native to Okla. or even the states.

We had a bunch of white pelicans here a couple weeks ago. We're a stopping spot for birds all over the world.
I counted over 100 white pelicans, don't usually see them here. There's also Peregrin falcons that hang out on the rock.
I saw a bald eagle fly right past me once.

What kind of birds are the ones in the air?
Sea Birds :ROFLMAO:
Bald Eagles
Yep we got some bald Eagles by me
I took this pic one day while I was riding my M/B
DSCF3690.JPG

DSCF3691a.jpg

While fishing the Lakes besides the occasional Bald Eagles we see Ospreys diving and catching fish
DSCN0143.JPG
DSCN9980.JPG
RSCN0171.JPG
DSCN2777.JPG

Rainbow Trout for his lunch

There's also Peregrin falcons that hang out on the rock.
Yep, that Falcon is quite the bird watchers attraction, Every time I go to the Rock there's at least one Bird watcher eye balling that Falcons high perch, I even got a pic of him

See the tallest sail boat mast , at the T section pointing at the rock is where the falcon usually sit's, right

DSCN1598.JPG

My camera is not the best but here's a blurry photo of him :LOL:
DSCN1608.JPG

Back