I Love My Basket

Sidewinder Jerry

Local time
12:07 PM
Often I use my basket. At times I don't know what I'd do without it. During this day and age when most are only concerned with speed and looks practical use for motor assisted bikes is rare. You find the basket being used less and less. Sometimes replaced with saddle bags; which most are detachable. Still often times I've carried things in my basket which I couldn't have in a saddle bag. The basket does bring back an old school feel. Just something I wanted to share. Need to go to the grocery store.

gotta have it

I have a basket on the front of my bike and i would never ride with out it again. I use it to hold a bottle of water or gas. Spare tubes are a must when your riding. If ya ain't got em your gonna be walking. Maybe a couple tools just in case. exspecially if your riding a fortune cookie..lol ya know how those chains and clutches are..but for me a basket is a must.

On my other bike i gotta round container that i use instead of a basket and it works great to it likes a round 4-5in wide foot long container its sleaker looking!

Friction 4 Life

no doubt. i have the biggest wald basket i could find on the front and back of my bike. it's been sitting all winter but i can't wait to get it out to go do grocery shopping with it. i actually wanted to put a commercial laundromat basket on the back of my bike before but now i'm thinking its overkill really.

No problem baskets are great.
1360092487-picsay.jpg

I saw this thread the other day, and then I went to amazon.com. I put some handlebar mount baskets in my shopping cart.

The only reason I did not buy one is because, I have a flashlight/headlight mounted on my handlebars, and a throttle cable that kinda needs to stick out a bit so it works smoothly.

What style/type front basket do you all recommend ??
Or what style mounting brackets do you all recommended ??

Thank you in advance,
Chad.

Last edited:
I have been using a backpack to transport things on my bike, but I think a basket will be much more convenient.

I'm thinking a basket, is like having a trunk.

Chad.

1360092681-picsay.jpg
1360098797-picsay.jpg
1360099176-picsay.jpg
I used a laundry basket and attached it to the engine/gearbox mounting hardware. I also use a solid right triangle brace under the basket to support it.

Last edited:
Back