• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

I love my bike!!

S

Simonator

I successfully installed a 70/80cc motor on my Gary Fisher mountain bike a few days ago. It is working great! I am now on my 4th tank of gas. This thing seems to be really coming to life now. I think the rings are starting to seat. I can't wait until I upgrade to a 36T sprocket, and mod the exhaust!

I LOVE THIS MESSAGE BOARD TOO!! This place is great! It has helped me ALOT!

WOO HOO!!! :D

azbill

glad to see you're so pumped !:LOL:
post some pics (start a thread in gallery) :cool:
show off your ride to people who will appreciate your work !!! :LOL:

G

gone_fishin

well, you just totally cheered me up after a tough day elsewhere on the board...thanks :cool:

D

Dockspa1

Augie,
Give yourself a break and don't second guess it! You were right!

G

gone_fishin

have you ever read your horoscope and it directly addressed what was in your mind that very moment? spooky :eek:

well, doc, that's what happened to me just now with your post, whoa! thanks, man :D

simonator...i can't tell you how happy success stories like yours makes me...and i see you did it with a minimal number of posts, too, which really rocks my world. that isn't condescending in any way, it's a pat on the community's back for all the hard work you all put in to help each other, and to help the MBc staff keep the information usable :cool: :cool:

S

Simonator

I finally ran into a little problem. I was over 10 miles from home, and it started missing and backfiring. I was low in gas, and noticed there was a little bit of dirt in the fuel line. My cheapo engine kit didn't come with a fuel filter (except that little screen in the tank). So I whipped into a gas station. Then I pulled the fuel line off the engine, and drained some of the fuel out until it was coming out clean. I filled up my tank, then tried to start it. Nothing. It started then sputted to a stall right away. I tried several times with no improvement. I started peddling home. About a half mile down the road I tried it again. It started. WOO HOO! It was running like ****, but it was going. After a few miles it started running better. I made it home ok. THANK GOD! It got up to 90*F today. The last thing I felt like doing was peddling 10+ miles home.
I raelly want to install a fuel filter. I lost my job, and don't have any extra money right now. Maybe I can borrow a few bucks from my mom :)

azbill

a fuel filter should be less than 5$ at any auto supply
take a piece of fuel line just to make sure filter fits the line
(the filter should have an arrow showing flow direction)

S

Simonator

Yeah....the problem is I don't even have a couple of bucks right now....